🔶 Audeze LCD-2 Classic

I personally love what the suedes do on my LCD-2 Fazors…sorry it didn’t work out for the 2Cs

Yeah I imagine they’d get more comfortable over time. Did the sound seem to change with time as well?

Though they alter the sound, the Dekoni LCD pads generally receive good reviews. Interestingly I wasn’t able to find a single written for the Suede pads.

It’s actually a LCD-2 prefazor. I wonder if that’s what making the difference. Did you find the suede pads to sound any different from the stock pads?

Yeah, I think they overall just have a bit warmer of a tone. The treble is a touch less harsh in the 10k range where it peaks, and the mid bass to lower mids I think come forward just a little. It’s nothing extreme.

I’ve had the Dekoni velour pads on for a long time but yesterday I went back to the stock vegan pads and they sound so much better imo. The upper mids and highs are not as muted and come through better. I also like the soundstage more which might not be quite as wide but it’s more cohesive and the imaging is also better.

I didn’t think changing the pads would make that much of a difference but it really did. I was really falling out of favor on these and was thinking of selling them especially after getting the Ananda but now I’m going to keep them around for a while.

1 Like

I dont have the classics but just got a set of LCD 2 closed backs…these are the first super high quality cans Ive ever had and I bought without trying these or others. Running them off Bifrost and Asgard and holy shitballs…talk about a big step in the right direction…the noise these things produce.

I bought these used so no burn in or whatever, bought used because evidently nice cans are like cars and as soon as they are off the lot they seem to depreciate like 40% instantly.

Back to story…after my first two hours called the wife in and loaded up Adele Live at whatever and had her listen to two songs…she was kinda pissed when these initially arrived because I’ve been progressing in this hobby fast and probably brought in and out 10 sets of cans in the last two months…anyway she listened to Adele while watching my wide screen nice monitor set-up. After the set was done and video paused she was quiet for 15 seconds staring at the screen then said “ ok three things, 1 - im going to be using this room to watch more live music and concerts now. 2 - I admit those are very impressive. 3 - we have to see her ( Adele) and Alicia Keys live performances before we die, I dont care what it costs.”

Audezes for the win.

11 Likes

Hey everyone so these headphones seem very interesting to me.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about it. So I am wondering how the bass impact and slam will be on these. Keep in mind I am coming from closed back headphones so can these big planars get as heavy punching as a closed back? Also can anyone talk a bit more about how the imaging is on these? How does it do lets say for gaming?

If you want more info about my situation or want to recommend something else we can talk about it in my topic here: Headphone up to 1000Euros (From DT770)

The 2C is imo a bass monster. The quality of bass is quite good, and there is more than enough quantity.

I also don’t think a closed back has an inherent advantage with bass. My closed back aeon2 have less bass than my Audeze lcd-x and significantly less than the 2c. So I wouldn’t be too concerned with open or closed on those terms but if you’re looking for lots of bass these are a good option.

4 Likes

Wow this is what I hoped to hear!

I´m hooked to my LCD2C again at the moment because of my new amp. Bass got even better. Really loving them again right now.
But there is one thing that im struggeling with. I think most Audeze users know the crinkling sound of the driver flexing when pushing the cups or something. Its even stated on their website.
My LCD is one year old now and since maybe 3 months it has started to crinkle when i move my mouth. Its not so apparent when listening louder, but its still noticable from time to time. When the volume is lower and you move your mouth, eat something it tends to crinkle. Not always, sometimes more, sometimes less. And it is quite annoying at times.
What do you guys think about that? Is it normal if it is like this or should i ask amazon/Audeze if they would replace it?

1 Like

For some units it is normal, I had heard a lcd 3 where it could come and go, it’s really dependent on the seal, but if it really bothers you, you could try to go for a return

Audeze typically won’t replace it if it gets driver crinkle that’s not super prominent, amazon you could try a return but I don’t know how that works outside the us.

They seal very good on my head. I mean, i can live with it, since it doesnt effect the sound, but it is annoying sometimes.
I guessed that Audeze won´t replace it since they even talk about it on their website.
I think i will see what amazon says. From my experience they are quite customer friendly.
Thanks for the input!

I have this on my LCD X as well. So far I have just learned to live with it due to liking the X so much.

Good to hear that I’m not the only one! Probably it’s something to get over when using Audeze phones. Im just wondering if other Planars have it aswell or if it’s an Audeze only thing. Monoprice and Hifiman Planars did not do it when I had them.

Interesting, I’d not heard of this before and I won’t dig too much into it since all I hear on my 2.2 is music. Is this a physical movement of the planar as your ear volume changes when you chew/open your mouth???

It’s the pressure created by the seal causing the diaphragm to flex for the most part

2 Likes

Like M0N said, its the driver flexing because air pressure inside the cup. And in my case, it seems that the air pressure inside the cup changes when I’m opening/closing my mouth and that causes the driver to crinkle.

Just incase someone want a brand new killer look.

First step into the world of Audeze modding…

10 Likes

So i did an attempt to put different pads on my LCD2C. Saw someone selling ZMF Eikon Suede pads and bought them. I thought they would be the same size and fit the 2C. I found out, they are smaller but i tried to get them on there nonetheless. Not the prettiest job, i admit :sweat_smile:
I wanted to try them because i often get this underwater feeling while wearing my LCD2C. Since i have decided that i want to keep them, i want to fix this issue.
The Suede pads da pretty good job on that, even tho they dont fit perfect. They are super comfortable and dont give me the underwater feeling. Don´t know if there are any noticeable sound changes that i can hear, since i can´t do a quick A/B test. I have already adjusted to it and it sounds fine. But it looks bad with the glue tape sticking out on the sides.
I´ve seen dekoni sells suede pads aswell, are they any good? Or other ZMF Pads that fit them perfectly(@Martin_Soo) - you have auteuer pads, they seem to fit very well.
Dekoni is easier to get for me in germany i guess. I think i can order dekoni from the UK and ZMF would be an US import which would get it to be very expensive i believe ( and i would have to wait very long)

2 Likes

I do personally like the Dekoni suedes, but haven’t tried them on LCD-2C, only LCD-2 Fazor. They tend to make the signature a little more relaxed and warm, which the LCD-2C already is so it may take it too far in that direction depending on preference.