šŸ”¶ Audioquest NightHawk

Yes the carbon still uses wood but itā€™s colored different and looks black

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the difference in Cables? I got the Carbons, and while I am ok with using the cable, I definitely donā€™t love it ā€” it is one of those sort of balloon-rubbery things that more picky people hate!

Still wood? Couldnā€™t tell that at all. Thatā€™s nice. Probably going to pick it up at $200 then. Need to hear this for myself. Anyone know why itā€™s on closeout? Not selling well? Being discontinued for a newer thing?

1 Like

Itā€™s a more portable cable, the orange nighthawks came with a longer cable with no mic

1 Like

Audioquest left the headphone game, and they really are a steal at this price if you like the sound signature

1 Like

Already discontinuedā€¦ I guess there were a lot more of them than the NightOwls, which I am still curious to hear.

Honestly I didnā€™t like the owls as much as the Hawks

2 Likes

Innarestinā€™ ā€” you and Z! I think I heard more people saying they liked the Owls. Makes sense if the Owls are ā€œless differentā€ and you like the specific uniqueness of the Hawks.

Yeah I really like the uniqueness of the hawks

2 Likes

Just snagged them. Canā€™t wait to hear them. :smiley:

3 Likes

does anyone know how long the sale will last on music direct?

Going to guess until they are gone but IDK

so tempting, but moneys tight. Xmas killed my wallet, and I got a few new years sales I need to watch :zipper_mouth_face:

Mine shipped. I should be able to start listening to them on Saturday. Will give my impressions then.

3 Likes

mine arrived couple days ago but Iā€™m waiting to see if i can unjank the cable before I can give it a good listen too. The short impression I had with them, they smell odd, look cool, some songs sound magical on them, but a lot of songs soundā€¦ off in a not good way. But they prob just need some burn in.

2 Likes

Yeah, you kinda need to spend time with them to get used to the sound sig and also burn them in

1 Like

might be a while for me to get around to it :unamused: my Arogns are still still holding me hostage, not sure if parents will pay the ransom, not sure I want them too :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I just got these recently and my initial impressions are positive. I didnā€™t notice anything particularly odd at first, just a warmish signature but nothing out of the ordinary. After turning the volume up, I did get some of the large, enclosed space vibes. It feels like Iā€™m at the venue. I really like them and the comfort is a big plus. Only gripe so far is that I can hear the elastic headband moving when I shift around. Well, chunky cable is not my favorite either.

(Iā€™m becoming more and more convinced that I do not have a refined palate and/or I am just not picky.)

4 Likes

Your fine lol, you are learning

so from what people are saying these are aparently amazing headphones for under 300 bucks but at the original price of 700 (oh audioquestā€¦ never change) they were worth nothingā€¦ i just need to wonder the sound leak of open back headphones to see (basically if i close my door and someone is over the other side and about a few feet away will they still hear it)