Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

As my moondrop Aria died a few days ago, and it is my favorite/reference signature, and given the QC History of moondrop, this Léa getting out is freaking good news.

3 Likes

that graph comparison vs. price disparity sold me… I’ll take that chance… You got me.

2 Likes

Boom. $25 well spent IMO

@PopinTeddy

Nozzle is just a pinch wider. Same tips fit but for 02 driver it would not work as wanted in other stem (Mele) . Material is slightly different. Issue was a spay adhesive that gunked up filter on a batch of Mele. ixed.

9 Likes

Is that the Olina on the left? Glad the condensation issue is fixed!

3 Likes

Beautiful!
Like that it conforms to the more tradition nozzle shape, wider also allows more room for sound to pass through

2 Likes

Yup

@PopinTeddy
Yeah it had to be done to not waste the benefits of the 02 driver. 9 tries 3 shells and went with a wider bore and diff filter to keep the upper treble energy.
This is a better fitting 02 for $99 v.s. $270+

13 Likes

I’m in - that finish on the Olina looks mint! Any teasers on faceplate colours you might be able to share?

3 Likes

I’m waiting for final samples.

The 2nd pic shows the reflection of the corner because of polish finish but quality of image is meh. I will have em in hand soon

17 Likes

That middle one is giving me EJ07m faceplate vibes

9 Likes

I feel sorry for Tanchjim – their lineup is being made redundant! First Hana 2021 and now the O2.

2 Likes

I doubt haha, there’s a reason why O2 is a single DD classic. I think just the same driver in a different shell alone will create a difference albeit the similarity in the FR (things that don’t show on FR, like timbre, stage, imaging). People who are looking for TOTL single DD under $500 will still look towards Oxygen as their priority.

4 Likes

What? it’s the same driver in a metal shell. If spending $278 dollars makes ya feel like it sounds better…enjoy

Driver
Container
Tuning

It’s not rocket Science

3 Likes

I didn’t :joy:

Hence why I’m waiting for Olina so I could get a taste of the O2 driver. I based that statement on the reputation that O2 has out there. But on a reasonable note, I might wait for more reviews to come in before the purchase, simply because I have to many IEMs already. I hope the reviews will prove my predictions wrong :call_me_hand:

I successfully recced at least 3 sets of Mele to friends and families, you know :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe - but depends on a number of factors of course. I’m willing to bet with the sprinkling of HBB tuning sauce it’ll be better for my library than the O2 (caveat being I haven’t heard the O2), but at less than half the price I’m happy to make the jump.

I’m hyped to see what 2022 brings us next in terms of multi-DD IEMs - ngl I so want the UM Project X to be something like a 3DT x HBB :crossed_fingers: :boom:

4 Likes

HBB already has a 3DD coming up :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Enjoy what you got.
Lotta my viewers cannot afford $250+
This is identical driver
Aluminum shell
Same tuning

Instead of tweaking a set , this is ripping the guts out of a well reviewed set because it is publicly for sale so I can watch folks bend over and snap their spine trying to come up with bullshit to deny the simple reality is some kinda unknown bullshit

I am going to enjoy this and so are a lotta folks I know

4 Likes

Enjoy bro and ignore B.S.
If I could…
Take the U12t drivers and put them in the same material shell and tune the same…
it would be fucking U12t’s

4 Likes

Yep - but the UM 3DT is a next level step-up over the DQ6 (although I’ll probably end up buying it too). But Olina will be first - already have a DQ6 as my beater set.

3 Likes

Well, interesting to be called B.S. :sweat_smile:

Plus, did I say I didn’t enjoy Mele or would not purchase Olina? I think not. I didn’t discredit anything mate, just being real as a consumer. I’ll be glad if Olina replaces O2 in post sale numbers in the long run; even better if Olina sounds just like O2, if not better. O2’s price tag is the reason why it’s on my wishlist and never purchased.

5 Likes

Yeah true. I wish more people reviewed Penon Serial - that’s a 3DD and consumers with both 3DT and Serial are saying they prefer Serial.

1 Like