Earbuds Discussion Thread

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My friends on HFG have been great.

10 Likes

Oh man :cry: my deepest condolences to you, your good lady and family.

7 Likes

Holy SH*t man, I’m not vert good in these situations, especially in English (not my birth language), so I’ll go straight to the point: You have my most sincere condolences. Take care.

8 Likes

My condolences :cry: take care of yourself :pray:

5 Likes

Man, even reading this is so devastating, I am really sorry. I hope you and your family would find some kind of peace for your minds somewhere. And maybe the music would help somehow :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you all. Your words of support may not seem like much, but they mean more to me/us than I can ever explain. You guys are the best. We’re getting through it one day at a time for now.

15 Likes

SoundPeats Air 4 40% off if you use code SPAIR4KL and us the Amazon US discount voucher :+1:

1 Like

I know this is the brand that Chris and others always get communication from asking for paid promotions. It seems they do make some good products, but I’m always wary having seen that behind the scenes that when a review comes out, it might be someone who took the deal.
Works backwards for Soundpeats, now even genuine reviews are going to be second-guessed by everyone.

1 Like

I don’t think Danny can be bought…especially for an $80 bud :smile:

1 Like

Afaik, they are innocent. Its SoundCORE that is guilty. NOT SoundPEATS

Soundpeats:

Anker/Soundcore:

Looks like they arent related either.

2 Likes

I’ll do a search, I am specifically talking about Soundpeats and Chris as the example I’m aware of.

I’ve just picked up Fiio FF1.

Short impression: much to my disappointment, the 2-pin cable standard, which those buds were supposed to have, turns out to be slightly modified, so that you can’t really use any other 2-pin cable than the one provided in the package.
Goodbye, 4.4 BAL…

The socket has an oval shape with some tiny row in it, meanwhile all my aftermarket 2-pin cables feature a rectangle nub. No way to fit it.

Apart from that, they are quite okay, though not spectacular.

The tuning feels natural, maybe slightly warmish. I can’t hear any noticeable / strange dips or highs in the spectrum.

Soundstage and stereo imaging could be better.

If you regularly follow Buy/Sell Threads, you may get a much better deal buying second-handed RikuBuds than those.

7 Likes

Guus I am exploring my first earbud and confused what should be my first one.My ear is small so looking for small shell so ot wont fall off.

What would be the sound profile of this below? My preference ia warm neutral. I like my eq’d T800 but aair preaaure is building up so switching to buds.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $41.20 | QIGOM Masterpiece: S30 Ice Frost Edition 14.8MM Full Open-Back Metal MMCX Detachable Earphones
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPKs27c

If u can find the qian39. Otherwise my RikuBuds Gen 3 models.

(tbf, u could swap to vented iems and that would solve that issue.)

2 Likes

Thank you…will check those and your buds.

I really liked T800 after you helped with EQ however did not expect pressure buildup will be so much of an issue…I have to stop to save my ear…never faced this with DD iems…like C2.

1 Like

yes, this is primarily an issue with BA-only stuff.

And that’s a shame really, as sound core make some pretty decent anc headphones in the budget market, with surprisingly good app

1 Like

So I went ahead and ordered a pair of the ES-P2s through Bloom Audio. As you know, the ES-P1s are one of my favorite buds so I just couldn’t resist when I saw that Bloom had them. I should have them within a week according to their shipping info.

4 Likes

Hooray! Congrats - excited to hear your thoughts!

Meanwhile, I have the TGXEar Serratus Black Sand to listen to once I get back from a work trip.

Hope you’re doing ok mate. Good to see you posting on here again

1 Like

Ooooh our very own Riku got reviewed by Mark:

5 Likes