šŸ”¶ FiiO FH3 2BA 1DD

Ya I def need to stop watching BGGAR lol, the monarch and clairvoyance along with the UA Mest, it must just be the fomo I guess. I need to just enjoy this and get back to music for a while, especially after the Elegia debacle, no I appreciate all your thoughts really helped me with the decision to get them, Iā€™m still using the balanced tips so maybe I can search for my perfect tips, thanks again

Thatā€™s awesome to hear! All Iā€™m doing on these forums is trying to learn from those that know more than me and help those that I might be able to help. I really appreciate Rikudou_Gokuā€™s help offline with learning as much about IEMs as I can. Heā€™s been incredible. If I can help someone like heā€™s helped me, thatā€™s all I can hope for.

As for tips, I can give you my heartfelt recommendation to try Spinfits. Just give them a shot. Seriously. They are a big reason Iā€™ve been so in love with all of my IEMs. Their fit, sound and comfort have been unbeatable for me. I just keep coming back to them for the majority of my IEMs. And I try everything I can on every IEM I ownā€¦

3 Likes

Holy crap lolā€¦ok so I always need the biggest tips when I get so what spins do you rec? I bought BGGARā€™s rec for tips he uses, the foams I have those on the Leg 3ā€™s but Iā€™m really liking silicone for comfort

THIS is the biggest and MOST important aspect Iā€™ve found circling IEMs.

If someone doesnā€™t do their homework to find the perfect tip for their IEM and their ears, youā€™ll always have a subpar experience, and thereā€™s nothing anyone else can do to help you. Soā€¦ when I give advise on an IEM, you might not experience the same thing if you are not experiencing the same fit, seal and sound of the tips Iā€™m using.

Exampleā€¦ Someone using foam tips will not have the same experience I will using silicone.

Iā€™ve found even silicone tips hugely differ in seal, sound and comfort.

Examplesā€¦ Most stock tips (black or grey) wonā€™t even come close to sealing in my ears and wonā€™t grip my inner ear, eventually just falling out. I have no idea why. Some of my wide bore tips have thick silicone and do not deform easily in my ears. They become uncomfortable quickly for me. The wider bore tips reduce the contrast between the high and low frequencies yet expand the sound stage width. The Spinfit tips enhance bass and treble response compared to many other silicone tips and deform very easily in my ears because the silicone is VERY soft and thin. This also allows them to create a very good seal (the best Iā€™ve found). They also stick to my inner ears extremely well unlike many other silicone tips. I have no idea why.

Many of the big IEM reviewers will many times state they canā€™t speak to a certain IEM they heard at a show because they couldnā€™t attain a ā€œgood sealā€. It is everything when it comes to IEMs.

I could go on for hours discussing tips. Iā€™m kinda obsessed with them. But the best advise I can give to anyone is if you canā€™t obtain comfort and a perfect seal with your IEM, whatā€™s the point? You may as well throw it all in the garbage, and definitely do not come onto these forums and tell everyone here that your IEM sounds bad when you didnā€™t do your homework to find the proper tips for a perfect seal with your ears.

It takes time and money to go through every IEM and all the tips you can find to attain the best sound and comfort that your IEM deserves to be judged against. Your IEM is only as good as your tips and seal.

4 Likes

Wow man thank you for all this detail, couldnā€™t agree more, Iā€™m just now dipping my toes in this world so I have a lot of exploring to do, will get som Spin fits coming to me to check out, also going to try your blon recipe, love the Tripowin balanced cable I have for the legs, trying out the balanced tonight for the FH3ā€™s, thanks for all your knowledge tonight

1 Like

More than happy to help! Iā€™m new to this IEM thing as well. Like I said, Iā€™m really thankful to users like Rikudou_Goku and others in this community. I love discussing my hobby with others that are like minded. If we can help each other, we should.

As for the Blon, I love it! The Tripower cable is nice but I came across other cables with the actual Blon connectors you might want to check outā€¦

Canā€™t go wrong with either but wanted to make sure you know about the second option. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Forgot the link to the thread. Sorry! Great cables designed specifically for the Blon BL-03

5 Likes

Perfect thank you

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™ve been out of the loop for a hot min.

After owning TRX00 PH I can agree with the comparison to the FH3, although for me I think the OH10 is maybe closer to that more V shaped sound per memory. The punch and detail are pretty close, but the harshness I had with the PH is not there with the FH3 so thats why its a keeper. :slight_smile:

Regarding the Starfields I must have the smooth and relaxed one because the bass seems really bloated on it for me at high volumes. Its a must at low levels and when your relaxing or for fashion tho. Its staying in my rotation of 4 for that reason. It is the last one in though so keep that in mind for my pecking order. Also a final note for me regarding the Starfield is that its stage changes based on volume for me. At lower levels it sounds like it has a large stage and the details are easier to catch so it seems like the imaging improves etc. Loud volumes is a blob of crap imo LOL.

2 Likes

That sounds like the instrument separation cant keep up.

Same thing happens on the Blon 03.

1 Like

Reading some of the diversive comments on here about the FH3s reminds me of an argument I had on a different hifi web forum years ago where I basically nearly ended up being run out of town by some guy who I accused of talking out of his backside :rofl:

I have learnt a lot since then because as one of the earlier posters said that each and everyone of us hears things differently and have different tastes. Also throw into that mix different devices, audio file formats and musical taste. So this can be an extremely subjective hobby.

I went through a period of throwing ridiculous money at headphones in order to achieve in my own eyes what I recognised as being a genuine audiophile with genuine audiophile headphones. My wife even said to me at the time that if there was an equivalent of a drug rehab facility for headphone buying then she would send me there.

What I learnt during that period was that it didnā€™t matter how much money I was spending i was never satisfied - in most cases i felt underwhelmed where the sound was too sterile or analytical for my tastes even though they were allegedly ā€œlifelike soundingā€ headphones (i am mainly referring to the Audeze LCD colllection of headphones which are phenomenonal but not my type I guess).

Needless to say, thanks to the likes of Zeos I have been looking at what I consider low hanging fruit in terms of headphones and IEMs. And by that I mean that sometimes you can find something fun and engaging without spending a fortune (i snared a pair of Yamaha Hph-mt5s after seeing his review and I found them much more preferable over both the AT M40X and M50X in terms of sound quality).

This is exactly where IEMs such as the Blon BL03s and now the Fiio FH3s fit in. I havenā€™t had the opportunity to listen to the Starfields, Teas or Tins but judging from what I have read these too fit perfectly into this category.

Whatā€™s amazing is they are all amazing IEMs for a ridiculously low and competitive price and the market is becoming even more competitive. I guess the next main challenge is for someone to come up with a comparable Bluetooth option (i havenā€™t heard one yet).

I am loving my FH3s, they are by no means perfect but they are fun and engaging. I do find that you need to roll the tips to get the best out of them - i am using the Spinfits CP100s and have got CP145s coming to hear what the best option is.

In the meantime, i will keep checking in to read all the wonderful comments regardless on whether we are all in agreement or not with how good these IEMs are :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

My Lawton modded TR-X00 is considerably different from the base TR-X00. I spent over a year working on it till it was complete and I was very happy with the outcome. I have another TR-X00 stock Ebony and they are two very different headphones. I purchased many different wood cups from Mark as well hunting for the perfect tone. How else will you know unless you compare all of your options?

It sounds like we have similar Starfields. Itā€™s a nice inoffensive listen, but nothing special. I especially agree the stage is a blob similar to Sennheiser 600 series headphones. Didnā€™t realize the stage changes at different volumes though. I should try that. Thanks for the suggestion. I havenā€™t had them in my ears in quite some time.

1 Like

I cant hear any difference, but perhaps I am doing it wrong. I usually dont use EQ that often, so I am not sure how to read your chart.
Can you walk me through it?

What music app do you use? I use it on the neutron player.

You click on the icon at the top left and you get the screen shown on the second pic. Click on the EQ at the bottom to activate EQ, then you can press and hold it to get the customization mode on the first pic.

The simply input all the values for each band and the preamp (using the wheel button on the left for the bands).

1 Like

Part of the problem I guess; I will get the Neutron player and try that out.
Thx!

Np, you can try it for free at first. But if you use local files then its awesome! SQ and customization (EQ) are great. The UIā€¦well you get used to it and you can change the colors to make it look a bit better.

1 Like

Yea at lower volumes some iems change a bit for me, with the starfield the bass is prominent enough that it will sound good at lower levels and my guess is that since the dd isnt working as hard on the all the distortion is lower and treble better without bleed etc. Affecting everything else.

Higher volume also makes the sound more V-shaped. There is a proper name for that, but cant remember it.

Good to know guys! Always amazed at the outpouring of knowledge of this community. Thanks for sharing. Iā€™m going to do some critical listening on some different sources to understand what comes of this.

1 Like

The 600 series is nothing like the starfields. How can you even compare an open back headphone to an iem?

How high is the volume to which you are talking about that would change sound signature?