đŸ”¶ Focal Clear

Do you know it fits the Clears?

I don’t have the Clears, but I can measure and post in the morning.

1 Like

No worries. Thanks for the pictures. Looks really nice. Had my eye on one for a while. Might have to get one if it fits. Heck, I want several tbh.

1 Like

After a day with these, I have to say that they have the best detail clarity of anything I have heard, even besting my T1.2s. They work especially well with complex/ busy musical passages. Stuff that on other headphones would sound congested, on these they sound crystal
err
 clear. I have yet to find music that these don’t sound very, very nice with. I have never heard the Elex or Elears. I think I might’ve messed up by trying these first

5 Likes

Lol, well glad you are enjoying it, pretty awesome headphones :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the rec! Quick question though. You mentioned that the Clears would be considered more neutral than the Elex. How does the sound signature differ? I’m guessing the Elex is more colored? Maybe more bass? I am asking because I think the Clears are spot on and more of anything [bass, mids, treble] would be too much IMO.

The elex is a bit more slightly w shaped, pretty pleasing and not overdone imo, the clear is more neutral (and more amp picky because of it’s better technicalities). I would say it’s not worth it to get the elex when you have the clears imo

2 Likes

I thought the Clears sounded pretty good on the SP200, but even better on the Liquid Platinum. I have even more tubes otw
 Can’t wait to roll 'em in!

3 Likes

Can’t be a mess up, if you’re enjoying them. : )

2 Likes

So I’ve been thinking of ordering a pair of Elear pads for my Clears
 For some tuning customization when I’m in the mood for more low-end

1 Like

So here’s the Clear with ZMF pilot pad. Getting it to fit was harder than I was hoping, so I used the silver body of my Clears (which I had stored away) to mess with and get it to fit. I had to remove the original material and padding to get it to work. There’s a bit of glue residue to clean up, but it’s not too bad
 but once you get rid of it, the original padding is gone for good. The headband is impossible to disassemble also without doing this, which is a shame.

That being said, I was left with just barely thin and narrow enough of a headband to barely fit the ZMF Pilot around it. and then I covered it with one of my headband covers as shown.

I don’t know that I would necessarily recommend it unless your desperate and are really having issues with comfort with the Clears
 that being said, they are A LOT more comfortable
 even more so than before. But I do now need to have the headband retracted to full size to fit right. But at least for me, they fit perfectly.

I’ve tried to fit the entire ZMF pilot under the original headband as well
 and just use the headband cover to keep it in place, but that makes it way too thick and they no longer fit on my head well that way.

3 Likes

That’s hardcore.

Doesn’t it ‘feel’ better with just the Pilot Pad?

1 Like

actually yes
 I just tried it
 damn it feels nice.

2 Likes

Does somebody have experience pairing Focal Clear with a Questyle CMA Twelve? I can pick one up for a good price and would be cool all in one package. (need space on my desk) Currently have a THX 789. Would be a good upgrade from that? Heard the Clear scales nicely with higher end gear.

But you have to remove original padding to fit the Pilot Pad?

I’ve been told it doesn’t fit, but I’m just hoping that a little more ambition will make it work. :laughing:

That would be a very nice pairing, can easily recommend, leagues above the thx imo

Cool, it looks like Tyll brought his Clears with him on his van. I though he only brought his QC35. Lol

5 Likes

That was Tyll’s initial idea. But Dan Clark donated the Aeon open & closed Tyll had on his wall of fame. So those three headphones are what Tyll set out with. But within a few days a guy from one of the big US headphone stores gave a pair of Clears to Tyll. Can’t remember the store name, unfortunately.

5 Likes

The Clear have gotten his seal of approval.

19 Likes

He never wants to listen to his headphones
smh

1 Like