đŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Do you think something like an Asguard 3 has enough power for the double magnet version?

has anyone commented on how these have an Ananda / Arya - esque look to them?

2 Likes

I remember someone saying gold planar made the drivers for Hifiman

2 Likes

Hello Hawaii Bad boy, this is Sachine Mest A hahaha
just joined here,

2 Likes

Its available for shipping from Linsoul (I had chatted with the staff there (Lilian) but the one with
DROP, it will shipped in April, But on their site they are charging $639.00 for the Dual magnets, but at Drop its 90 dollars cheaper but the shipment will be in April.

2 Likes

RIP your wallet but what a combo

definitely its a high sensitivity rating and only 60 ohms. you’ll be fine even if you had an O2 amp you’d be fine and you’re well above that.

The planar sound there isn’t much like it, You’re gonna love it. effortless bass from planars

For the Dual magnet headphones
So Linsoul website Available now US$ 639.00
Drop. US$ 549 but shall be shipped from April.
Take your pic

1 Like

There is another product, but have not seen much reviews about this

GoldPlanar GL850

This says it has Air Motion Transformer and I quote the site

The Revolutionary ATM Driver Ever

Not like the most headphones, build with dynamic, electrostatic, planar magnetic or ribbon drivers, Gold Planar has introduced the new technology into the HiFi world. AMT means air motion transformer technology which is usually used for tweeters of loudspeakers

DDSB Patented Technology

Adopting the ultra-thin diaphragm material and aviation-grade high-purity aluminium for the structure, along with AMT driver, the area of produced sound by these folds is as much as 6.3 times of the normal planar diaphragm headphone. In enhances the intensity of sound and decreases the distortion

Full Broad Frequency&Noise Filter

GL850 qualifies the standards of Hi-Res audio with 10-40Khz broad frequency response. It has great details and will restore the music to original. Moreover, it adopts the acoustic noise filter which is originated from professional studio set. With it, it can greatly suppress the hiss while the driver works. The sound is more gentle and detailed

Exchangeable Angled Connector&Plugs

The connector on the headphone is designed with some angle so it will greatly reduce the microphonics. Mini XLR balanced gilded plug is stable to use. Included 2 meters 6N OCC silver-plated 8 core XLR balanced cable offers low contact noise. Each details presents our dedication for perfection

Dissymmetry Band&Exchangeable Ear pad

The head band is designed based ergonomics. The dissymmetry design can greatly fit the head shape, thus more comfortable and secure to use. Ear pads is exchangeable and compatible with other products.

Seems there is not a review about this headphone

1 Like

ya i chose to pay more to get in in 3 days, ive witnessed the effect before and had to know, will be an easy resell if for some reason i don’t like it

Please help this lost wanderer, i just got in the hype train and ordered the GL form linsoul two days ago, but now im concerned about if the power of my headphone amps will be enough, i currently have the ifi zen dac and the topping L30, but i dont know if should i get another-more powerful amp? im hoping to get the closest result to Zeos promised land review. Thanks in advanced!

Nope you’ve got enough power and good enough gear. Don’t need to upgrade to more power an L30 is SUPER clean. It would only be something like T50’s/T60 Argons or DT 880 600ohms which you would need more power you drive 90% of headphones out there very well with the gear you have. And it’s not that the remaining 10% are the top end of the 10% of headphones it’s just that they’re power hungry. I’d say if you want a different experience consider tubes.

It is a completely different tech there will be plenty of coverage coming for it soon. I wouldn’t go buying AMT [Air motion transformer] headphones until reviews come out.

1 Like

For everyone asking about the power requirements of the GL2000 if you’ve got something at 1 watt or above you’re fine. Which is everything since the 02 amp pretty much in 2015. The question won’t be do I have enough power but which amps will be the best pairing with the headphone.

1 Like

Ahaha T60 “semi open” they’re the world’s most closed semi open

1 Like

It’s not redundant the T60 is the most closed semi open. It’s got vents to be honest. It’s as a closed as possible you could literally never hear anyone and Ryan seals off 95% of the air from the driver to the outside. They are completely different headphones with a similar 3D sound. The T60 argon does sound like a mini verite closed. Like being a sound treated room with speakers whereas the GL2000 is the big Planar open experience as open as a 6XX.

1 Like

Dammit, I just decided to not buy them, but now I’m tempted again lol
 And does the GL2000 pair well with JDS Element 2, if anyone could check that?

1 Like

I placed my order on the 11th, i got an email answer from Linsoul, they say it will be shipped around the 20th January.

A safer amp might be wise considering all the worries about the L30 blowing cans :boom: