IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

1 Like

Too big for me, so disqualified no matter how it sounds like…

Not much faith in them since they couldnt get good coherency and timbre with just a hybrid anyway…

1 Like

I was gonna get those as well, but after being disappointed by both the L4 and the FD5 I figure I’m probably just going to stick with the FH3 for now. Spent the money on new shoes and a bit of clothing instead. I keep looking for upgrades and then be astonished when I put the FH3 in my ears.
Curious to hear your thoughts though.

1 Like

I don’t know if you are in the United States, but I happen to know this person selling one:

1 Like

I was considering to get the FD5… Why didn’t you like it?

I don’t know why more people don’t think the FH3 can possibly be really as good at it is at its price. The FH3 is awesome.

@Rikudou_Goku has been suggesting this IEM to me for a long time and I needed to use up stuff I have accrued at Linsoul so I thought this would be a good opportunity to check it out. Thanks for the tip though!

Guy’s, guy’s this’s BGGAR’s thread so please keep things relevant to that and any direct questions to Chris…any other IEM banter probably best post here :+1:

:beers:

Mostly personal stuff. The FD5 has better cohesion, timbre and soundstage than the FH3, but the mids are too recessed for my taste and I think there’s a bit too much upper bass for my liking (not too sure about this, not that good at reviewing yet :P). Also I guess I prefer the incredible imaging of the FH3 over the soundstage of the FD5. The real dealbreaker for me was the shape and weight though, my ears hurt if I wear them too long and I often wear my iems for about 6 hours a day.
The FH3 gives me wow feelings, the FD5 just make me think: these are quite good.

Edit: sorry, I didn’t see the previous message.

3 Likes

Great set,
I own 2 sets of the Lz A7.

I have a fair few recent decent sets from the P1, starfields, shouer, Lz A7 hands down.

1 Like

But why 2 lol. A backup?

Erm…I kinda lucked out on the lottery, got a ‘1’ and got full refund of my purchase and a set. Then got sent an extra set I think mistakenly. I wasn’t about to send them back from Eu to China…soooo

I have a set with gold and a set with red I just switch between the two.

3 Likes

Do you know why they are selling the A7?

Not exactly but he bought more than a few IEMs to try and kept a few but has been selling the others. I will point him here, but certainly message him on Ebay with your questions or concerns.

I messaged him. Thanks.

Good news. I just bought the A7 from your friend. Should be here by the end of next week. Thanks for sharing the link.

1 Like

Awesome, I am glad you snagged that one. Nice discount and you don’t have to wait 3 weeks for Aliexpress shipping.

Yep, on both accounts. Not sure why I didn’t check eBay earlier. Thanks again.

Hi to everyone, my first post here.

Been into hifi in general over 15 years or so but have never had any IEM’s, only full size hp’s, so it’s about time to check these as well.

Reason for this is that nowadays because of lack of live music during the pandemic there is lot more time for home&on-the-go listening and therefore i’ve already ordered the Fiio Q3 and probably will get the Fiio FD5’s with it, read a bunch of good reviews of them and they also look pretty awesome too, because steel is real and all that.

I’ve been reading this thread (among others on this forum) for a while and it has been a great help for me so i thank you all:-)

Best regards & great tunes to all,

Karri

2 Likes

Welcome to HFGF :smiley:
Just a few questions to help with possible rec’s…
What HP’s do you like and why?
What types/genres of music do you mostly listen to?
What are you going to use to drive your IEM’s ?

Thanks a lot, glad to be here :slightly_smiling_face:

My hp’s at the moment are AKG K701, Meze 99 Noir and Ollo Audio S4X.

Mostly a listen to various forms of metal, rock, ambient, electronic and classical.

IEM listening would be with Ipad&Iphone+Fiio Q3.