IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

not gonna lie, a bit jealous :stuck_out_tongue: chose the Oxygen over the Serial back during 11.11 sales…kinda regretting it, especially with the release of Olina. Oh well, hindsight’s a bi&*h

1 Like

Hmmm understandable meanwhile I have so many single DDs and none have the prowess of a multi DD. I also struggled to bite the bullet for the Serial but it was all worth it. I never heard the Oxy thats why I ordered the Olina. 1st because I want to support HBB and 2nd out of curiosity about the Oxy praise.
What I can honestly say is that my preference at this moment is like this:

1. Multi DD
  2. Tribrid
  3. Single DD
  4. Hybrid
  5. All BA
4 Likes

What I wish for is an affordable Multi DD + EST. That would be absolutely killah.

2 Likes

My new pair came today, looking forward to giving them some listening time. They’re really good, for sure!

1 Like

@thoohill this is important. Use ePro Horn EP00 tips, a size smaller than tip sizes you usually use, for deep insertion. Tell me how it hits you. (Similar results probably with other silicon tips as long as smaller to go deeper).

I had found the mids a little dry/recessed in the mix, but not right now. Stage has benefited from it too. I’m loving this. Personal record player in my head.

What’s special about the sub bass is that it’s doesn’t just extend, it carries some thump like often IEMs only do with mid bass.

My heart says I’m completely fine with this! I know 15 minutes from now, or tomorrow or something things won’t seem so perfect. Having a good evening for now though that’s for sure.

2 Likes

The keys to the kingdom?

9 Likes

Some quick Odin impressions.

Great bass, you have to live with the mids though if you’re sensitive to that area.

2 Likes

Hello,
Would this cable work with any mmcx IEM?

Yeah should do but it won’t have a shaped over ear loop like most IEM cables.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I am currently listening to music with Legacy 5 and found out my left ear is very sensitive to 800-1000 Hz region (there is piercing sound coming on some tracks with female vocals, horn-like and bell-like instruments). That is not the case with the right ear. At first I thought that something was wrong with my unit but after reversing channels and after swapping earpieces and think the problem is indeed with my left ear. Has something similar happened to anyone?

My wife has hearing loss in some frequencies that aren’t even between her left and right.
Not quite the same, but causes some weird balance issues for her.

trollpog
Why do I see a troll pogging?

IEM…Left and right sweep 'n Bass check…
You jamming?..yes then your set’s gtg :rocket::smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys, just a quick budget recommendation: the QKZ ZXD for $16.50.

Pleasant V-shape with bloated but not overwhelming bass, but hey for the price very well tuned.

The CRA is still the champion in this price range and it will be for a long time I’d predict.

5 Likes

Looking for suggestions for a simple dongle dac with a BIT of power, but low drain on my old LG 5 phone and tablet battery. Apple dongle too weak for my KSC 75. Ave bass ok but like detail and female vocals, acoustic, orchestral. Considering Olina maybe. Price
arouund $50 but def. less than $100. Little iem experience so far, lol. Thanks

Other than an Apple dongle, Qudelix5k is the way to go. Seems like it is currently sold out, but hopefully will be available again soon.

1 Like

Thanks, will give that a look. Others’ suggestions welcome too.

I have Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. I has a little bit more power than Apple dongle and works on phone or laptop.

3 Likes

Anyone here have the Heart Mirror? Would you recommend an upgrade to O2/Olina?

I have the H Mirror and it’s an odd one for me, I wouldn’t be able to describe it. But I have only owned a few iems(GD3A, T2, bunch of KZs). I like them and the ‘airyness’ of it and not sure how to compare it so wondering if something like the O2 is similar, specially in the treble.

Yes, I just sold my HM but I know it well.

I’d recomend Titan S or Olina. Olina is better but Titan has less bass, so that would bring it closer to HM.

Both have better treble. Not as harsh and peaky, but detailed and airy.

2 Likes