IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

At this point, it’s pretty safe to say that this fella is a neurodivergent of some sorts. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong in that, and if channeled correctly it can be quite a beautiful thing.

However, the way they are approaching this forum at the moment, they already well on their way to becoming ostracized here. If that is their wish, then you are well on your way. I would recommend for @sovran to check this out as I’m sure they would have a great time over there.

4 Likes

AüR Audio Aurora

My review on the latest hybrid IEM from AüR is out on Head-Fi, this has now become one of my favourite sets.

Refined and beautiful sound, with a very natural tonality.

With one of the best performing bass ranges in a IEM that I have ever tried.

Forward and clean vocals with lots nuance.

Feel free to read my review if its of interest, thanks.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aür-audio-aurora.26604/review/31227/

15 Likes

Now, reading this is how I want to spend my lunch!

5 Likes

Fantastic article as always, brother. I always enjoy your reviews over on HeadFi, not to mention, your images are always clean as can be :handshake:

That E70 coupled with the A90D must be such an amazing stack. That A90D is absolutely calling my name before the end of the year…

5 Likes

like the diva?

head fi is not a place i wanna be, and people mentioned here why. paid reviewers who get early or discounted items, reviews that make you believe dacs and amps have sound signature, and brand sponsors there is just unappealing to me. also i joined here because some of the reviewers i found fun watching/ reading were more active here like hbb, vividici, nymz, and so on.
but yeah maybe i won’t be active here for so long.

1 Like

Ok enough is enough of this shit storm…this thread is for discussing IEM’s and NOT about Reviewers, Monitor Speakers or Rants…so if you feel the need to post anything relating to those subjects please post in either of these sections…

or start a thread here…

Because If I or any other mod has to move an off topic post from here to any of those above categories the poster will get a 48hr silence.

Thank you gentlemen.

9 Likes

Love your reviews even if I have to transfer to the dark side to read them. I think you make a correct assessment with the bass satisfying both camps. I usually sit in the camp of more and it hits beautifully. It graphs as one of my lowest preferred sets and I’d never have guessed this before throwing it on the coupler.

The star is how well the bass pairs with the tuning of the midrange through the remainder of the frequencies. The Aurora does carry a more holographic approach it seems to my ears. Probably due to differences in HRTF. You have a spot on description with comparing it to the Northern Lights. I’ve seen them a handful of times and remember the beauty, peacefulness and zen state they put me in and Aurora does just that.

If reggae dub is your think try giving it a shot on Aurora. It’s really a great treat on it and has become my go to for what a large portion of library is made up of. Something along the lines of below.

6 Likes

Thanks for kind words, even though I am a Head-Fi person from the Dark Side.

The truth is we are spoiled by great sound on all price brackets, if its worth moving up to mid or totl IEMs depends what you value.

Open photo

6 Likes

You come over here and keep it cool. In my book you’re on our side and disguised as an Imperial Trooper planted deep within enemy lines as a mole for the Intergalactic Empire.

7 Likes

Let’s just call a spade a spade: @Leonarfd is a Finn

6 Likes

what a good review! Super interesting to see the spider graph and the comparison to the Aures. I can’t wait to hear the Auroras as they seem to be more towards my preference which is shocking because the Aures hit so well!

3 Likes

Etymotic ER2SE worth getting to hear that ‘neutral’ response?

Would say so! After a few Etys I have settled on the YU9 Audio U556 which is their evolved Ety clone but with a nice fit and 2pin detachable cable.

1 Like

EW200 is £30 on Amazon prime. Will be ordered. Bass quantity seems more on this than EA500. This may replace my EA500

Who cares about a neutral sound signature!?? Everyone here is crazy :laughing:

3 Likes

The price of DZ4 is $89!

11 Likes

WTF is this… how does this work… who buys this after seeing those stock promo pics…
I love Aliexpress’ randomness

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msBpBfS

3 Likes

“Do you need an anti-lost earphone hanging chain?” :rofl:

From the description

2 Likes

What’s funny is they have plenty of pictures with guys wearing them or wearing an earphone. But never together lol

4 Likes

FiiO Launches FX15 Six-Driver Hybrid IEMs: 4EST+1DD+1BA IEMs!!

800 dollars :open_mouth:

3 Likes