IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

https://www.facebook.com/Seeaudio2020/posts/356338709441181

Delays.

1 Like

What do you think of the treble on the FH3? I’ve read on the FH3 posts that it is fatiguing and borderline sibilant. Is that true because that would be a no go for me? Thanks :pray:

FH3 is very inoffensive, maybe even too soft. I didn’t experience any sibilance at all. For example, Starfield/Aria I can totally see sibilance and some distaste. But not with the FH3.

If you’re fine with your 05, you’ll be fine or better with the FH3. They have similar peaks, but the FH3 is actually softer in the upper-range–closer to 03.

figured i’d give my experience with fh3

the stock wide bore tips do get borderline for me (more upper-mids/treble, bit less mid bass).
the other included/stock standard bore tips they come with should be good (those and KZ starline strike a great balance for me).
and if you know you’re into a slightly darker tuning, then something like the Final E tips should work well. Final E tips are too dark/too bassy for me.
Not sure why but the FH3 seems to have a lot of sensitivity to bore diameter and insertion depth.

if you’re good with graphs this can probably give you good idea of what the tips will do:

this measurement by banbeu is likely medium bore tips, in my experience (smoother 3k-8k) -

and crinacle’s measurement is what you should get with a wider bore (peakier after 2.5k and emphasizes the ~5.5khz) -

1 Like

You got the 3DT?
How are they sounding and are they worth the money?

Yes. My impressions are causing a stir over in this thread. I don’t wish to pollute this one.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Don’t you own one? Everyone here does. It sounds amazing

3 Likes

LOL

Show me yours LOL

Hey!!!

I’m shy.

2 Likes

Lol,

No seriously who is going to buy that one?

I mean it is TRN come on

2 Likes

It looks like bananas.

2 Likes

The worst part is that it sounds bad, lol.

They do look weird, and shiny

I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on them :grin:

1 Like

Oops then I am not interested :expressionless:

I wouldn’t be surprised even if that one has some QC issues. TRN is banned brand, for me.

2 Likes

But it is gold… Lol
Just kidding

Don’t. You might be disappointed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course not… TRN really… :sweat_smile:

LOL I also saw bananas first

1 Like