IEM discussion thread (Part 1)

I have tried the stock tips in M, the balanced tips in M, the Sony ep-ex10a in M and L, the cp100 in M, the foams, the Final E in M, ML and L, the Sedna Earfit in ML, the Xelastec in M and I even attempted toe pierce my eardrums with the triple flanges in both sizes. I have the spiral dot and cp145 on the way but I can’t image those will be the solution tbh.
After a while my ears start to hurt, and then I put in the FH3 or BL-03 and it feels so much better. I usually wear my earphones the entire day since I’m either writing code or in a zoom call, so comfort is pretty important.
It’s not a stabbing, the pain is more on the outside of the ear I think. I guess it’s the combination of the size and weight.

oh, thats a shame then.

If you like the FD5 sound, you might have better luck with the acoustune HS1300.

Graphs basically identical to the FD5.

1 Like

To be perfectly honest, I’m not that big a fan of the fd5’s signature. It feels to “V” for me and a bit to much upper bass I think? I guess part of the reason I’m thinking of selling is because I don’t think the sound is worth the discomfort lol. I feel the thing I would miss most is the cable, maybe I’ll try to find someone willing to get a discount if I swap it for the fh3 stock cable and a balanced 2.5mm cable I have lying around :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

Perfectly fine, guessing you might be using them at a higher volume than I do. Because they are U-shaped for me.

Guess the HS1300 might not be a good choice either then.

I actually had the same problem. It took my ears a while to adjust to the shape, but they’re perfectly comfortable now.

Here’s one:

This one, has been a new great experience for me listening with these in my ear all the time, but it didn’t came with some issues that requires a lot of fixing, therefore it took a while for me to love these.

I have to break it in, replace the tips with the Final Audio E Types, and the cable with a Yinyoo cable! and Man they are heaven in my ears and they are like the Starfields and BLON-BL03s combined into one and this formed. (For me it is, but maybe not for you.) Definitely S Tier in my own list along with those 2 I mentioned.

Hi everyone. I have my eyes on the LZ A7. I am a bit worried about the fit, from what I hear they are pretty small and light, which is good. However I’m a bit afraid about not seeing any vents on there. Anyone noticed any driver flex, suction or vacuum issues?
I’m thinking of ordering them from hifigo to see whether their claims of paying customs and taxes for you are true.

Vents are here:

1 Like

Omg I’m blind… I was looking at the inside, th bottom, the sides and the top. I looked everywhere and on a lot of images and it never occured to me that those were vents lol. Thanks!

1 Like

These are superb ! LZ A7 are musical yet highly technical IEMs.

5 Likes

What configuration is your favourite?

I have settled to Pop Black or Monitor Gold… I need some bite (upper mids/lower treble energy) to enjoy music in a lively manner.
Bass is fast and punchy, excellent mids with great details and soft rendered treble… Superb resolution among the three (bass, mids, treble).

1 Like

My local audio shop is selling the E1000 and it comes with the Type-E eartips??? Was looking for earphones with mic to use for mobile calls and the E1000 happens to have them as an option. And those eartips that @Rikudou_Goku has been talking about! Converting into USD if I want with the mic cable, it’ll be around 35USD with shipping.

I might be getting this during the upcoming sale =O

2 Likes

Isn’t that because that’s the only range you try tho? Lol. Because if would be in thing if you also used plenty 1k IEMs and then still mention that you find the sweet spot to be at 300. But if the highest u really try are 300 dollar ones dosent it make sense that u find that to be the sweet spot? Am I crazy here lol

It’s like if all iems I try are around the blon-03 and TIN t2 price range so I say that he sub 50 dollar price range is the sweetspot

2 Likes

Dunu EST112 (msrp 490 usd)
Dunu Zen (msrp 700 usd)
Sony XBA-Z5 (msrp 700 usd)
Sony MDR-EX1000 (msrp 500 usd)

So yes, I do have some above that price and IMO I still think the best price/performance range is around 300 usd.

1 Like

theface-1

5 Likes

It’s just that you have to understand, from a 3rd person perspective how funny it sounds when you state what your sweet spot it is a range that one would assume based on previous posts that you don’t leave. And then you clarify that your opinion is based on a huge range of 76 IEMs, so one would think wow that’s a huge range indeed. Must cover the entire spectrum of IEMs, only to find out that out of those 76 literally only 4 go past 300 and even those are all still not seemingly high in the food chain

1 Like

I understand that. But I aint rich enough to go higher ATM.

2 Likes

Very much so fair enough

1 Like