IEMs are ruining my headphone experience

What do you like or dislike about the Starfields? what types of music do mostly listen to?

As does most of this hobby lol.

1 Like

Around $150-$230, was looking at the ISN H40 and Penon orb so far

I love how dynamic and full they sound without being harsh sounding. I don’t like it when it sounds too tinny, harsh, muddy, muffled or far away. I love that the bass has nice impact and rumble while remaining fairly tight, quick and controlled.

Listening today to Cuban music with my H40. Pretty solid for the price.

3 Likes

I’m super close to just pulling the trigger on these. Doesn’t sound like there’s anything better in the price range

IKKO OH10’s might fit the bill too :+1:

Oh and the Mangrid Tea’s are getting a lot of love on here…

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/mangird-tea-6-ba-1dd/13031

1 Like

I have Etymotic ER4 SR IEMs that are way more accurate than any of my headphones and which offer tremendous sound quality for not that much in terms of price. However the fit isn’t for everyone.

I know this sounds stupid but I’ll just put it here…

Save yourself some cash and get the Blon BL-03 with XELASTEC tips. Get the tips first. You may just stick with your Starfield after these tips. I’m listening to all my music like it’s the first time I’ve ever heard it.

It’s not super detailed but the Blon with the XELASTEC tips is making for one of the most masterfully tuned earphone or headphone experiences I’ve heard.

The Blon was maybe a 5 before these tips. Now it’s a 9.0-9.5.

1 Like

I know I should’ve liked the Blon’s as they’re a such a ‘bargain’…but fit and bass/mid bleed lead me to give them away to my stepdaughter…so for me they’re a :man_shrugging: :flushed:

2 Likes

I had mixed views on the Blons - they sounded really good, but by the time you add in the price of replacing the cable and the tips, which to me were a necessity, there are other competitive options.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong for the price they’re a good set but there’s so much hype about them, but a after my honeymoon period with them, add in fit issues then for me a no :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I’m totally with you guys. The XELASTEC tips made the difference. I thought the Blon was OK, but it had no sound stage, the fit was bad and the bass was present but undefined. In general, a very safe tuning but nothing special. The Blon after the XELASTEC tips… WTF IS GOING ON??? OMG!!!

1 Like

Damn mate…you’d cost me more in tips than the set in the UK to test that out lol

3 Likes

Ha ha. I think you’ll be just fine with your Andromeda, but seriously every IEM owner should try a set of these XELASTEC tips. They are so different than anything I’ve tried and it’s so easy to get a good seal. I have yet to listen to them with all of my IEMs. They do not work on all my IEMs though. They are working serious magic on the Blons though. Serious magic.

I would love to share this experience with everyone if I could.

2 Likes

The punch you get from them on the blons is deff there, its clean too, just almost too much for me with those tips. Deff a recc tho they are up there with spirals, final e, and my epro tips. Those are the 4 biggies for me :smiley:

1 Like

$38.64 delivered to the UK circa mid July/Sept for 2 sets…now let me think :thinking: really lol.

1 Like

The new King?

Sit down Aeolus! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am interested to know what iems DONT work with the Xelastec tips.

OH10 will literally kill you with those tips, dont do it…

Is is “death by treble” or “death by bass”? :joy: