Looking for bassy headphones for listening (mainly) to EDM - have a few candidates and a budget of around 150€

Idk if I would even be able to run those of my little hybrid tube amp.

Bass should definitely be higher on the 250ohm version. Maybe the guy couldnt power it lol. (or has poor ears to say the least.)

Its more than 6db higher on it at 20hz, even the mid-bass at the 150hz area has around 3 db more…

Kinda thought that lol. I think I should be able to power them with my MT-602 tho. I have the 250ohm DT880 and it’s almost unbearably loud with the knob in one o’ clock position.

Other thing to consider would be that the 250ohm come with a coiled cable.

Doesnt matter lol.

Well, there’s still a good chunk of extra treble in the 8+kHz. I’m not sure if I want that… Would be maybe too bright.

10k+ is the upper-treble and that area is very inaccurate on graphs. I wouldnt look much at 8k+ if I was a newbie at reading graphs.

Another guy stating the 80ohm have more bass https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1tptqx/dt_770_80_ohms_or_250_ohms/

Don’t know what to think then… does everybody comparing those have weak amp or what…

“The 250ohms, while having a slightly more neutral/clear sound, are definitely harder to drive, and will not get to my preferred listening volume off of the E06, though to some people it would be more than adequate.”

Sounds like he has issues with power.

lol, again
Can’t find anyone stating the 250 is more bassy tho. Will have to trust the graphs I guess and hope my amp is enough powerfull.

Found this Beyedynamic DT770 Pro 80 vs 250 ohm?
Pretty well described

If you arent going with the H1707 due to the fit, you should check out the Sony MDR-1AM2 instead.

Over the budget

I would at least take an advantage of the amp with the 250ohm

Well, ordered the DT770 250ohm. Looking forward to hearing how they sound :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heres an idea since you have the 880. If you want more bass why not pad swap to suedes? They dramatically bring up the 880s low end. That plus tube amp is quite something.

Otherwise I’m in agreement with either 770 or denons

Just name droping the ath-pro5x. Besides the not so good sheet metal build I really like how it sounds for the price. Doesnt have that strange upper bass bump that the m50x has as well.

Otherwise TYGR maybe?

Well, I want the DT880 to stay as my “gaming” headphone and get the other for music. And swapping pads on Beyers is quite the pain.

I already ordered the DT770 250ohm. Hope it delivers. I am still thinking if the 80ohm wasn’t the way to go, but whatever.

I’ll add the AKG -371, haven’t read everything, but I love these for a closed back on the cheap

1 Like

I’ve got both due to grabbing them on the cheap from Goodwill, the difference is negligible to my ears.

1 Like