New 350$ Planars -Thieaudio Phantom

Unfortunately, no. But if someone here is a member of his telegram they could probably get a response or maybe he’ll chime in here eventually.

The Sundara are coming up… You can see on the sound demo of the phantoms that he mentions that the playlist is the same of the Sundara’s. So we just need to be a bit patient for the comparison between “THESE” and the Sundara.

If the Sundara’s are still working by then :innocent:

Just wondering, has anyone had to RMA or had to deal with the manufacture for return or repair regarding the phantoms? At least hifiman is prudent about their warranty

And if you don’t want to be patient (like me) sign up for the patreon :slight_smile:

No issues yet i’ve heard of, the diaphragm is German made and the cans come with a years warranty…not sure on the return postage protocol though, mine came via Linsoul UK through Amazon UK so hopefully if there’s a problem it’ll be sorted?..200 units so far and no issues?

Well this is what you get from their website

Until someone uses it and lets us know, guess we are in the dark.

Is there a possibility to get a boompro cable like the vmoda but for this cans?
the new audeze gaming headset has a boom mic for it, but sadly they dont sell the cable alone

Order placed. Let’s see what happens first. Two more 789 drops or delivery of this…

1 Like

Mine took a while to come…But got them finally…Im in Singapore so maybe not too far to come…the Drop P1’s and TFZ #3 I ordered seem to be bouncing between GZ and SZ for the last 3 weeks…so need to chase that up but not sure who to contact yet…guess Drop first up.

Any place with frequency graphs of the Phantoms? So odd that no one has put one up yet.

I’m actually ok to wait. I was waiting for the M1060c to be available on the Monoprice UK store so this has now taken its place.

Best place to contact people for packages typically are the carriers

1d

Anyone else tired the grill removal mod? I originally tried it and wasn’t that impressed, but with all this “they sound better sans grills” I might give it another go?

Bump?

Linsooul’s customer service is good.

1 Like

I have measurements on the Phantoms before and after modding. I’ll be posting them in my YouTube review of the phantoms coming out this week. Thanks for all the kind words. I’ve been working closely with Linsoul’s rep on the phantoms and they have taken a few of my findings and used them in the second version of the Phantoms that should be shipping soon.

5 Likes

Would you be able to ask the rep if they are willing to send out replacement grills to previous customers?

1 Like

I have measurements that prove that the Phantoms preform better without the grilles

2 Likes

I can ask, but that’s a tall order. Time will tell

Oh, I don’t doubt that it is on the lower side of likelihood, but it never hurts to ask, and it’s an issue affecting 200 or so units (maybe more if it’s not fixed in the 2nd batch, but in the 3rd). Of those 200, how many people would be aware of the issue, or care (many have said they like the sound even without removing the grills). So you’d be looking at a fairly low number of replacements if they did it by request. It can also be looked at as good PR to do this for early customers.