Nymzreviews.com official thread

Truer words, have never been spoken.

2 Likes

:eyes:

Impressions soon

4 Likes

@Precogvision 's notes about canjam socal 2022.

More than the cotent, it is a novel beautifully written - that I can only aspire. Terrific as always. I’m a simp.

6 Likes

AirPods Pro2 have excellent sound, timbre and good soundstage to my ears. I recommend :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Amazon stays hyper cool with their return policies, compared to “traditional” stores here. They offer you a refund if you want, but:

• you have to leave the labels on the thing
  • if has to look like new
  • the box has to not be damaged
  • even if all this is good, you have to get to a physical store…
  • where the representative will find a greasy Marj, say it could refuse the refund and “go in the backstore to check with the manager” and finally accept the refund

All in all, all these tacticals are for helping them selling it back in shelves and discourage you to ask refunds.

It works in a sense: you stop buying on these stores and just go on Amazon, since they don’t pss you off with these sht.

And then these stores complain as Amazon is a bad company and all that. It isn’t totally false, but if Amazon understands something, it’s that a top notch customer service can’t hurt you, as it helps your sales in the long run…

Anyway, on another note, I thank you @nymz for the tzian wu review. It makes me realize that although it is a good set, it will be too v-shaped for me.

2 Likes

Impressions of the Airpods Pro 2 after around 4 hours of listening:

1. Great sense of depth with improvement in soundstage over OG
  2. More precise and faster imaging
  3. Improvement in separation and overall clarity
  4. Treble is better extended and has more air, less unevenness
  5. Sub-bass is around the same with more mid-bass
  6. Vocals are more pushed back vs OG
  7. Improvement in timbre (not fuzzy like OG)

Probably going to be very competitive. Very good improvements !

10 Likes

TWS world is ramping up.

Cant wait for what sony will come out with next year with the WF-XM5.

1 Like

I was already eyeing them since their announcement but if my audio brothers can say stuff like this, I may be completely in.

1 Like

Just a heads up tho when I tested it on my iPad Pro and Mac it sounds great, but on my iPhone (XR) it sounds congested and not that good/would not recommend. Probably a difference in the AMP/DAC, and I’m not sure how it sounds on the newer iPhone models.

Buy with caution! If you can try it do that first. Apple’s return policy is really good.

That seems odd since the dac/amp would be built into the headphones (since they are wireless). I dont see how the different devices would matter…

4 Likes

That’s very strange I have to admit. Like said below, the DAC/AMP and the new chip is built into the actual set. I have an iPhone 13 Pro so I don’t foresee an issue. Thanks for the heads up tho!

Dac/amp will always be the same, but the the devices that have to prepare and send bluetooth signal are different. Someone with more knowledge on bluetooth connection will have to chime in, but I would not be surprised if there were audible differences between devices with different computing capabilities used as bluetooth sources.

Im not super knowledgeable with bluetooth but from my understanding that is the point of codecs, bit rate, bit depth, and sample rate. If all those are equal I would imagine SQ would be the same. Since its all apple devices I would imagine those would all be the same in the above example (definitely AAC)

2 Likes

I would love to know more as well. The congestion also happens when I use the lightning port (lighting to 3.5mm), which leads me to think there’s something wrong with the audio chip of the phone. Might just be a me problem though :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yeah it definitely sounds like something going on with the phone specifically. I assume when you used the lightning port it was different headphones?

Ya. I tried it with the Olina and TEA vs my Mac/iPad. Sounds completely different. Welp, time to upgrade I guess. Served me well for the last 5 years.

I recently bought an iPhone 13. AirPods 2 sound fantastic. It could be from the phone, I’m not sure, but since I bought them I’ve been using them around the clock. I think the upgrade is worth it. :melting_face: The mids are just amazing, just the way I like them.

1 Like

Low key interested in Kai because I’ve been listening to BL-03 again. I used to not care for it but after listening to other sets either that are brighter, leaner or sub-bass focused, it’s somewhat a refreshing sound signature.

4 Likes

I listened to bl-03 again, to test them with my New amp. They do sound good. But the fit is so shit to me that I just can’t keep on listening to it

1 Like

Have you guys tried to remove the grill? Mesh mod