Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

So sorry! Here are some herbs for that:

Ganoderma lucidum
Ganoderma lucidum, also known as the Reishi mushroom, is used in the treatment of many diseases, including hepatitis, hypertension and cancer. We use this a lot here in the country for prevention. Find dietary supplement capsules!

Pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have pronounced anti-inflammatory properties. A study found that pumpkin seed oil improved abnormal urinary function and reduced symptoms of overactive bladder.

Blackberries
Finely chop blackberry roots and stems and take three tablespoons of them. Boil them for about an hour in a liter of water and strain well. After it cools, this decoction should be drunk for a day instead of consuming water.

Cinnamon powder
Cinnamon has natural anti-inflammatory properties, which helps reduce the symptoms of inflammation and burning. It also promotes kidney health and helps reduce frequent urination.

It is good to cleanse the body with strong TianDe teas!

2 Likes

Good on you for looking into natural remedies. Stay positive :muscle:

1 Like

@rattlingblanketwoman so the gallbladder was just a symptom of bigger things happening?

Gallbladder?

So sorry chap @rattlingblanketwoman - try to keep a positive mindset even if hard to do as makes a huge difference in recovery. Wishing you all the best. Everyone here is behind you!!!

1 Like

@ShaneD just had a gallbladder out a few days ago. I also conflated the two for a bit yesterday.

1 Like

Sorry I missed that connection.

Hope Shane’s doing well!

Checking the link I had seen that post and I’m embarrassed how far off my misunderstanding was… I thought they were festival/concert tags and he was saying he’d paid an exorbitant amount for them, like when people joke they’re paying for audio equipment with their kidneys! Sorry Shane.

Last update on my case is that I should be able to schedule a biopsy for Wednesday. The doctor was very surprised anything had turned up for a healthy person my age.

7 Likes

sorry, that was Shane…my bad.

So last night my band played a really awesome show in a big city in central Europe. The crowd was great, the show was damn near perfect, and my drumming was fuckin’ sick if I do say so myself :metal::sunglasses:. After the show we hung out with a bunch of fans just sitting on the edge of the stage drinking beer, signing autographs, and sharing stories and such with whoever wanted to kick it for a good four hours. Awesome night and then some assholes had to spoil it…

A few hours into the after show chill sesh, I decided to go see if the techs and roadies needed any help loading the truck and buses because we were gonna have to hit the road straight from the venue to head to the next city. I headed out the back and found them all handling business loading up the buses and I headed over to check the truck which was all loaded except for the lighting rig we hadn’t taken down yet becausr it was lighting the venue where we were kickin’ it with the fans.

As I neared the truck, I heard a loud noise like something breaking, heard some voices half whispering, and then I see the back door to the truck (which is supposed to be locked) open a bit. No one is supposed to be over there since all our guys were at the buses so I run around the truck and catch two dudes back there one up in the truck starting to hand road cases out to his buddy who’s coming back from taking the first case to their van which is parked about 15ft away with the back open. One dude takes off running to the van, but I tackled the second guy as he jumped out of the truck. He starts trying to hit me with the fuckin’ pry bar he used to pry the lock/handle off the truck. Naturally, I started beatin’ the brakes off this motherfucker trying to put him out in time to maybe catch his partner or a license plate or something. Dude on the ground took three good licks and starts snoring. Job number one out of the way, I go to hop up and BAM the side of my face gets walloped by something REALLY hard. I was literally seeing stars (those little light bursts) and fighting off the tunnel vision that creeps in when you’re on the edge of going out. I have enough CQC training and experience to stay relatively together and aware during such times and I managed to get my eyes on the person who hit me.

Turns out the second dude decided to come back and help his buddy (props for not being a total weasel and leaving his friend to get fucked up alone). When I get him in my sights I see that he’s holding a big mag-lite style flashlight and he’s coming at me with it again. I let him get close, launched into his hips and took him down while his second swing landed pretty harmlessly on my upper back. I quickly rolled to his side, took his back, and pulled a choke hold so tight I felt his his back pop a couple times as I flexed my hips in, straightened him out, and put him to sleep.

I got up right as the cavalry arrived after hearing yelling and realized I still wasn’t feeling great. The right side of my face felt like it was actively caving in, my nose and mouth were bleeding quite a bit, and I was still pretty wobbly. Long story short, we wait for police and paramedics to arrive to attend to the two-bit theives and then I have my bassist and drum tech take me to the ER. The doctors had to shoot my jaw full of novacaine and steroids to get the swelling to go down from where the Mag-Lite hit so they could put my dislocated jaw back in and the x-rays say I have three non-displaced fractures to go with the back molar that’s now broken in half. I had to refuse the morphine and hydrocodone prescriptions because I might be a decade out from being strung out, but I’m still not trying to tempt fate like that.

All of that to say, my face fuckin’ HURTS. And on top of that I’m embarrassed that I took two punches too many to handle the first jackass and let that second little bitch get the drop on me. In my younger days when I was still on top of my training that shit never would have happened. Worst of all, those fuckers ruined a great night and I have been in an absolutely terrible mood since. And if that wasn’t enough, my PTSD and hypervigilance/paranoia are now running fucking rampant so I haven’t even been able to shrug it off and calm the fuck down yet. I haven’t been this keyed up in a long time. So yeah… that’s my rant. Thanks…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

14 Likes

Damn man, that sucks but at least you got your licks in! I hope you have a speedy (and less painful) recovery! Are you gonna be good to play in the meantime, or are you out of action for a while?

1 Like

I would be way more burnt if I didn’t at least come out on top. As far as playing goes, I haven’t sat behind a kit yet, but I’m really not sure. We don’t have another show until Friday night so I have a few days to recover and see if I can get the constant headache and pressure to subside enough. I’m guessing I’ll be able to gut it out. Worst comes to worst I’ll see about getting it numbed up again before the show, but that would be a last resort. I know it might seem like it from that post, but I’m I can handle pain pretty well. I guess we’ll see.

If I had had a show to play tonight (its 3AM Tuesday here) there’s no way that would have happened.

2 Likes

That’s awful. I hope you heal up well and also don’t have your composure and enjoyment of things rocked for too long by those crooks. I hope as soon as possible you can be enjoying more of how your night started. Sorry man.

3 Likes

Dude, I just read through the earlier part of this thread. I hope you’re doing okay and just know that my inbox is always open. Thanks for the pick me up, bro. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good that you mentioned Reishi, it is a powerful mushroom and i use it myself to treat my asthma.

@rattlingblanketwoman you can also look for Cordyceps mushroom.
Cordycepin is known to kill cancer cells, in vitro, but it´s promising and worth a shot.

My teacher replied and said that it is important to drink a lot.
It´s alway good to flush through. A tea of stinging nettle is good for that but make sure to also drink water…I once drank 3ltr of nettle tea a day for a longer time and ended up completely dehydrated…don´t know what i was thinking :smiley:

She also strongly adviced to use horsetail for healing. It is also very diuretic.

It´s also very important to boost you immune system. Reishi also does that.
Vitamine C/D, Ginger and so on

When you know if it is malignant or not please come back to me and she will give us further advice!

3 Likes

Oh and her first impulse was also Artemisia Annua.

Best to use an extract in this case, this for example

2 Likes

Oh and @JAnonymous5150 for blunt injuries and pain you could look into arnica and tea out of willow bark.
Also oil from St. John´s wort but it will make you skin more sensitive to sun, don´t know where you live and how sunny it is.
Wish you a speedy recovery aswell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I personally recommend this company if you can find:

Strong antioxidants- astaxanthin, quartzetin, resveratrol, should also be taken separately.

4 Likes

@JAnonymous5150 So sorry to hear about this. That’s a lot of trauma…your
body AND mind will take a while to recover and process it all. Meanwhile, be
extra kind to yourself. We’re here for ya!

3 Likes

Ayo, what. The. Hell. What a bunch of absolute knobs, dude. Jesus. I’m sorry to hear this, man. These douche bags can ruin a night no doubt, but I can see they can’t ruin your spirit. Good on you, J for looking ahead at the next show to not ruin it for the rest of the fans. I hope the recovery process isn’t too brutal, man. Sounds like you have a mild concussion, no doubt and I’m sure you’ve had em before. Those head aches don’t stop…

But hey, at least you got to flatten that dude out, get the hooks in and get under the chin :sunglasses: kind of ties in to our conversation a few days ago, which is such a coincidence…

Anyways. Feel better, brother :handshake:

1 Like

@rattlingblanketwoman @JAnonymous5150 i dunno why I chose today to go through the rant thread but damn, I’m sorry for the things you’re both dealing with. I can’t do much but you gave my thoughts, love, and positive energy that you get well and heal up :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Cordyceps? Nope, that’s a hard no for me dog, before we end up like The Last of Us!

4 Likes