What did you do today?

Moved to our new mooring for the next two weeks…

14 Likes

I spent the whole day on my desktop in my little home office. What that means is that I did not put a single headphone on my head today.

Weird, for me.

4 Likes

Helluva view from your new spot, rainbow and all! :rainbow::sunglasses:

I changed jobs around Halloween, and the new job is mostly in the office, and I am still adjusting to much less IEM time.

2 Likes

My wife got us tickets for my birthday to see Killer Queen…They are obviously a Queen tribute band…They were an awesome show…If you are a Queen fan and have a chance to see them would recommend.

1 Like

Haven’t had much luck shedding audio gear lately, so I took a different tack today and got rid of a gall bladder. :grin:

5 Likes

Get well soon.

Thank you!

Oh damn dude, I wish you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Thank you! Home the same day, so it’s not bad.

2 Likes

Well huh. I guess I should have read this post first! We were just yackin’ a couple of hours before. That is amazing to me that you are home already. When my mom’s failed, they were initially treating her as if she was having some kind of heart failure. After they did more tests etc. and came to gall bladder, they took it. But she was in the hospital for 5 days! That was in the late 90’s.

Anyway, man, glad everything went well. Get well soon!

2 Likes

Not really today as it happened last night, but I found out the left speaker output of my MX5 decided to just stop working. The best part is the warranty may have expired 3 days ago… A nice end to a pretty shitty week but it is what it is. If anyone has suggestions for a replacement I’m open to suggestions, or if anyone can link a forum more for this topic I’d also appreciate it. Hope everyone else has a better day today, peace.

1 Like

Yaaaay sounds fun :partying_face:

Get well soon :blush:

1 Like

Harvested some willow bark to use as tea instead of Aspirin
Nature rocks :metal:t2: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Salicylic acid!

3 Likes

I’ve never bothered to push through to get SheepShaver to work for classic Mac OS 9 emulation for personal needs… but I’m so convinced that my wife will love the Logical Journey of the Zoombinis, that I think I’ve almost got it! (Mac OS 9 is running fine, just need to get the Zoombinis CD working. SO nostalgic being in this OS again!)

Well after all that, Zoombinis in OS 9.0.4 would only freeze on launch.

Betraying my OS 9 childhood, I installed Windows 3.1 onto DOSBox, and the needed drivers etc, and it’s working beautifully on there. She is going to love this game, logic puzzles are her jam.

Bear’s garlic season is peaking so we made some tincture, bud oil (not to be confused with butt oil :grin:) and of course lots of delicious Pesto :heart_eyes::green_heart:

3 Likes

:passenger_ship: On the move today (to go get water, pump out etc) what a bright, sunny shinny day (song?)

:musical_score::headphones::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Yesterday we had the first proper spring day here. We had sunny days before, but with cold wind and temps just over freezing. Yesterday it was about 12c, mostly sunny, and very little wind. Took the opportunity to take my dog for a proper walk.

6 Likes

Finished off a little painting for our 4 year old. It’s of her toy puppy, “Puppy”, beloved since she was just a baby.

The OG puppy is missing a leg (it got open and she was eating the little plastic balls inside), has had multiple surgeries by me to seams coming apart or joints weakening, and right now his blue 5 o’clock shadow is wearing a little thin. About 3 years ago I searched all over the internet for a replacement in case it was ever needed for parts, or to stand in for the OG while he retired to a safe spot, but as she got older she’s been gentler on him, so she doesn’t know the replacement exists if it’s ever needed. In the end I had to pay quite a lot to get him from a bookshop in Canada, and now he can’t be found at all… and all my old search results are 404 errors.

The light green and light blue stripes are accurate to life but blend together from having too similar luminosity, so I might darken the blue towards the edges to make the stripes stand out.

Below is the painting (I got his tummy patch in on the edge, with purple stitching and all) and shots of the pristine puppy I used as reference but that she doesn’t know we secured “just in case”.

I will continue to not post photos of my girls online, but I wish there was a safe way to, there’s just no way to describe them.

8 Likes