Rant thread - share your grievances, not just audio

It’s my birthday today and I ordered some presents for myself and most haven’t arrived lol. Thanks FedEx

1 Like

HFGF 522 errors :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I got a 524

1 Like

Is that German for 522? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But, seriously, we know there are problems with the site’s hosting. @M0N has been leaning on Zeos et al to get it figured out.

1 Like

Also, pretty sure the order is messed up on my view of things:

How does it look for you?

Did I stutter? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, well, yes.

I added the reply to your comment via the quote :wink:
Thread with a lot of tricks

Edit: Fixed the order :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t realize “MazeFrame” meant making what you see hard to navigate. I get it now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah he does that to make it real confusing to read

1 Like

Why, after all these years, does Microsoft still insist on plopping new File Explorer windows right on top of the currently active window? This is not acceptable window management behavior for a file manager. This drives me up the wall because it’s just mind-blowingly stupid from a UX perspective. We don’t live in a world constrained by VGA or SVGA resolutions any more.

Also, the address bar/combo box/whatever it’s called in Firefox has been a dumpster fire for me the last 6 months or so.

2 Likes

I switched to Firefox ESR thanks to this. And they’re still messing with it on this version, too. It’s a shame Firefox seems to be going from being the people’s customisable browser to a Chrome clone with a different rendering engine. At this point, I wouldn’t be too surprised if they did adopt Blink as well (the rendering engine from Chrome, now in the “new” Edge/Opera/etc). That would be a terrible day for the web.

1 Like

https://www.homeleisuredirect.com/pool_tables/outdoor_pool_tables/hurricane-predator-supernatural-pool-table.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SS%20-%20Retail%20-%20Social%20-%20Dynamic%20Prospecting&utm_content=GB%20-%2018%2B&fbclid=IwAR09LvJsxrvERv_7VRKGYC4KCqJwBoi_uj4Fvw2nvw9t-73kTjvc_XMRYUk

and there was little ol me thinking that Senn’s HE 1 £50k ask was a tad ostentatious :joy:

1 Like

the speakers i were using a turntable headphone amp are broken now… unplugged the cable and put it back in… i did everything, but its broken now

insomnia. how I loath thee…

6 Likes

Particularly when it hits after closing, only to open the next morning…

A windows update got the infamous stuck on 100% complete issue and would not move past. Drive light had some flickers but unlike old HDDs you cant hear if SSDs are actually working.

Thankfully i was able to finagle a restore but thats a few hours of worry.

Prime day is trash. The only deals I saw on anything hifi related was the phidelio stuff for like 20% off. But to be honest that makes sense. Most audio brands that are considered “audiophile” are not super well known and are often european or asian so it’s not unexpected for them to not participate.

The part that cheeses my onions is that it seems every year (this goes for black Friday/cyber Monday as well) the ONE thing I might actually buy that should be on sale is never actually on sale. This year I wanted a logitech G815 keyboard and when I go to look, nothing logitech is on sale at all. I feel personally targeted when it comes to this shit. It like every item in the store is on sale except for the literal ONLY item I want.

2 Likes

They have $15 4k bluray offers. So guess will have to wait and take a shot on black friday for a deal.

I escaped this year’s Prime Day trap. Just not in the mood to spend money. I don’t really even have my eye on anything at the moment. If I did, though, no doubt I would have been frustrated, disappointed, and annoyed.

Got to an open house early, waited on an hour and a half line, then was rushed through a house in less than 5 minutes in something we would of otherwise seriously considered buying. The showing real estate agent was rude and refused to show the house outside of the open house the weeks we called prior.

We had to send our preapproval first to prove we were worthy first. All the while he also was letting others in the backdoor to cut the line.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is actually something new this year or I’ve just haven’t noticed before. The way that the big electronics companies are doing introductions with these multiple embargo “phased” product reveals is just really inducing a big “yuck factor” response in me. It’s just so utterly shameless that it’s being done simply to get more exposure. Of course content creators that cover these products don’t mind one bit because it gives them an additional video/article or two worth of content and the views that go along with them.

1 Like