Recommended IEM Cables

Ok thanks, just this one cable I got kind of tilts on an angle on one end only. Will try the hair dryer!

Yeah hairdryer works! Just like 10-15 sec, then mould and hold until it cools. I reshaped my S12 stock cables this way

3 Likes

Pure copper cable Faael Hibiscus for S12 with velcro from stock cable terminated in 2,5 mm TRRS (Velcro is a must for me and should be a part of all cables in my opinion)

I cannot say anything about perceived changes in the sound as stock was SE and the volume matching is not possible (easily). I am not cable believer anyway.

Stock cable is great quality, but a little too rigid for usage at work/on-the-go where I use S12 mostly. I would use it though for my Tea as soon as I would get rid of the Tea’s shitty connector out of my right earbud. Hibiscus is much more flexible, I like the copper look and also has nice quality (all metal apart from shitty chin slider). I cannot complain at anything for 13$ though.

5 Likes

Just wanna share that i got Kotori audio cable called Tungsten, found a used unit that comes with 2.5mm jack.

The cable is thin, very light with matte texture. Slightly memory prone tho unfortunately. I find the cable that comes with the Kotori Dauntless iem is better texture/feel wise.

It’s a good cable, tho I’m not sure i can recommend it for it’s retail 89.90$ price. Pretty steep.

Using it with qudelix 5k really impressive. Volume increases alot due to more power, and the sound of my OH10 kinda change too.

It’s now stil V-shaped, but more on treble. Very bright. The bass that usually “rumble” now becomes “hits”

I don’t think this changes is caused by the cable, more probably because of the 2.5mm balance output, but still very interesting.

4 Likes

That’s so true just get a cheap DB meter, some foam and match the volume for each of the cables, that’ll give you a level playing field to assess the cable it’s self…here’s my set up…

And here’s Chris explaining it better…

2 Likes

I see. Thanks for sharing. I’ll find some time to try it :+1:

1 Like

Paul’s latest cable round up :+1:

4 Likes

Custom XINHS

6 Likes

Guys I cannot wait for the Xinhs cable that I ordered, it might take a while due to China’s bullshit rules but it will be worth it. I hope it is good as advertised as you guys said back then, for I need it for my Katos, for it’s a shame that my Kato’s stock cable stiffened, for it’s already beautiful enough to use.

Has anyone seen some aftermarket cables available in QDC variant as well similar to Plussound X series but not for such high cost? I don’t care about the material.

Generally speaking of very thin, but not stiff cables, as I think I felt in love :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Any recommendations for right angle (L-shaped) cables? 2-pin?

@paulwasabii mentions in his video that the XINHS store on Aliexpress will do custom L connectors if you message them.

1 Like

This is true, I almost always get L-type. Same at the ivipQ store, just message them before ordering. They are running a promo on their recent cables too if you look at the top of their store
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1101865238

4 Likes

I really don’t have much experience with many cables, I’ve tried a few like Kinera and Yinyoo and those have worked out fairly well for me. But now I’m looking for a proper copper cable from XINHS. I’ve heard so much about them, I’m finally ready to pull the trigger. I’ve just no idea where to start as there are so many of them.

1 Like

Paul Wasabii has a few YouTube videos showing his beautiful cable collection. Might be a good place to get general info.

For me, I like lightweight cables, so 4, 8 cores max. Got one 16 cores, but surprisingly light. You can’t go wrong with XINHS, but you might want to wait for sales as they get expensive really quickly.

2 Likes

Take a look at the cable page in my db, it’s a collaboration work with Paul.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1YNuslYM4CrhMPrOLofzTm4ei7HEfP8AI1zxswrMw2ho/htmlview#

5 Likes

I actually just watched a video by Paul and subbed as well. His video quality and no bs way of speaking is my jam. I’ll be looking through his channel To narrow down my search for sure, thanks man!

1 Like

Dude, thank you so much. Your docs and graphs and rankings help this community more than you know!

3 Likes

I have my eye in this cable. Really like the looks of it and the fact that it’s modular is a major selling point. Has anyone tried it at all?

1 Like

What happened to proper copper?