RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

My library is local music in mostly FLAC or MP3 (320kbps).

(using JRIVER on windows 10 (desktop) and Neutron Player on my DX160 (portable))

1 Like

2021-07-25: KZ DQ6 review: Knowledge Zenith DQ6 - Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

TOTL tuning with the DIY foam mod. I prefer this a bit over the blon bl-03 (mesh mod). :+1:

3 Likes

I suppose so. It does seem like it’s tuned for certain music and won’t be for everyone. Nevertheless, I’m curious how it’ll turn out.

What is the dq6 mod?

Its the DIY Foam mod.

2021-07-25: PEQ with Spotify/Youtube and other services on Android.

A lot of people have asked me on how to get PEQ with spotify (and other services like that) but sadly I have not been able to help people with that query except using the very expensive way method of getting the Qudelix 5K that has PEQ inbuilt in it.

But no more, thanks to a guy named “Cineira” on discord (Super Reviews´ server), I discovered that there is an app that you can use called “Poweramp Equalizer”.

This app will allow you to use a system-wide PEQ. Which means you can now use PEQ with streaming apps like Spotify.

You will need to follow this guide: https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic…iser-permissions-for-more-audio-applications/

After that you should check so the settings look like this:

1627240624115.png

1627240609948.png

(Compressor off)

1627240596363.png

(Limit off)
(Pictures from Cineira)

Have fun.

4 Likes

If this price hike is real and already documented sorry I didn’t notice – however I’m still hoping this is one if several pages and the lower price hasn’t gone forever? …

US $157.01 21%OFF | FENGRU GS Audio Blue Magic 1DD+2BA Hybrid Headset HiFi Music Monitor Audiophile 2Pin 0.78mm Earphones 8 Core OFC Detach Headset

Edit: that puts it at the full price of HSAudio Ripple. No longer a cheap “edition” it looks like?

Here is there aliexpress store link
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911424618

And the item link

2 Likes

Oh thank goodness. I’m thinking I should make a move on these soon before they actually do hike the price!

EDIT: I requested a reviewer discount for the GD3B (letting them know opaquely that it would be my first published review) and they generously agreed to it. I will of course honor my word, and I am excited about that, it may be an incentive to go on to write more full/detailed reviews. I’m the kind to reach for an NM2+ over an NA2, plus the GD3B hasn’t seen coverage that I know of, so that’s why I opted for that one. If I like it but feel it could use warmth, I’ll of course have to try the GD3A. For reference, although I’m admittedly in the honeymoon phase, I have been adoring the Lokahi with daily listening, and for the most part can’t fault it (besides the BA bass), its amount of warmth seems spot on for my library, which I’m pretty sure contains everything. So maybe I do like well-done warm. At any rate the majority of my prior experiences have been “reference” tuned IEMs, so I can hopefully make good comparisons when trying the GD3B.

Many thanks RG for the pointers to this OEM. So far I’m very impressed with their English and prompt replies.

3 Likes

Be aware that the GD3A and GD3B are tuned differently. I believe the GD3A is warmer.

That fengru version, seems to be another brand that have bought the OEM service from GS Audio and is now selling them a lot higher.

Hopefully GS Audio won’t raise the price again.

2 Likes

The cable for 1more is done and already shipped.
Photos from aliexpress massages are pretty low res, but it seems fine…

4 Likes

:+1: Yup my idea is that as someone who usually prefers less warm sets on the most part I’d like to try them, and if I like their tone but wish they had more warmth I can then confidently get the GD3A.

I also thought as long as I was using the “reviewer” card to get a discount, it would be more valuable for people to hear impressions of the 3B, as far as I know it has less coverage (if any?) so far.

There is one impression on it here:

1 Like

Xinhs is the best. Can’t recommend enough. Just ordered one more custom cable :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My A3 cable (Faaeal 4 core) is arriving today along with some interesting random tips

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Whirlwind-Earphone-Silicone-Carrying/dp/B0787VLNBG

The A6 (Tri 4 core) and A12 (xinhs 2 core) will arrive at some point… ordered, but AliExpress sucks.

Edit,
The Faaeal 4 core cable is a nice weight with a nice braid. The strain relief right past the connector is a little wonky and the earhooks are super over curved (should fix itself with time).
The big surprise is the Tennmak turbo whirlwind eartips. Despite the silly name, they are some seriously comfortable wide bore tips. and for the extra $3 that the version with a case costs the case is also a really nice size to be pocketable and also able to actually fit an IEM at the same time… Something that a lot of companies that make IEMs can’t seem to do, go figure.

2 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku, got 2 questions for you:

• final audio e1000 come with the tips, right? Is this iem any good?

• what’s the widest tips you recommend? Need some veeeery wide tips on land.

Yeah, the entire E series include the type E tips in all sizes.
E1000 in stock form is a neutral signature (warm-neutral to some) that is one of the very few iems in the sub-100 usd range that is tuned like it. its good if you want a more neutral and laidback signature.

It is also possible to mod it with the micropore tape mod, I prefer it a bit over the E3000 with the mod.

Wide bore?
JVC Spiral dots/spiral dots++
Azla Sedna
Radius Deep mount (not as wide but have the same effect and is better than those other 2)

1 Like

Im just getting e1000 for the tips, its the cheapest way but will try it!

Yeah I love radius and tried, bur couldnt seal with the lands, but they are my favourite for teas. Even got better seal with elecap. Atm im using epro horns.

Yeah i have spiral dot, azla sedna (normal and short), final e and a sonu mh750 on my amazon jp cart. You might knew some other ninja caps

Although I havent tried this yet (will probably buy it next time I order from amazon japan):

Seems interesting to me.
Its not the regular silicone material nor is it like the Xelastec, this uses “liquid silicone rubber”.

Elecom EHP-CAP20 is another one. And there is the EHP-CAP10 version, which you need to buy the white, multipack version to get.

(dont have this but it is different from the CAP20.)

1 Like

You could try the Tennmak Tips I linked above (if you can get them cheap and fast where you live) for $10 US or $7 without the excellent case… they might just be worth a try. They are short stem (shorter then even the Xelastec).