Rumors and new releases thread

I am not really in the mindset of mono blocking my system. So this is something that doesn’t speak to me, either. I have to believe they did some sort of market research and determined that there was an emerging market for this product. Like I said, it really does look good. So, I may not give a schiit about it, but I hope they sell many.

I would also like them to come out with a new head amp.

Was thinking tonight about if they could create a desktop sized speaker amp in their midsize chassis. What could that cost?

The nearfield audience would be there for it, the output wouldn’t have to be heady.

1 Like

Sort of like the PS audio Sprout. Just Schiitier…

1 Like

Given they make plenty of pre-capable items, I don’t even need this to have a headphone stage, or volume adjustment. Straight little power amp. Simple.

1 Like

The special dynamic driver with the ~1.6Tesla magnet in these seems very interesting!

Another planar IEM in <300$ category, but this time not a single planar, but a hybrid with piezo driver

Looks quite interesting, also modular cable as a stock.
I don’t know the brand though, as their previous releases went over the market without significant impact apparently
Shell looks internally similarly to S12

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder how many Planar sets will release this year under that $300 mark. I really feel like timeless shook the market up, and we got the s12 shortly after. From what I’ve heard it’s on par with the timeless, albeit brighter, for $50 less. If this Trend continues, we’ll have flagships in the sub $300 range :sweat_smile: I really like the cable for the Raptgo I have to say. Looks light for mobile use while still having interchangeable terminations… it’s promising!

1 Like

What is most interesting (but contradictive to the good design for on the go usage) is that they seem to be fully open-back from the design perspective!

I may pull a trigger, but honestly that may be another gk10 as well as huge hit

S12 is my favourite of 2022 this far, HE400i my favourite HP, so why not?

2 Likes

14.2mm diameter planar driver is also used in Timeless, that may be just a coincidence though

1 Like

Soooo… planar and bone conduction?

Fully open back does seem interesting. Planar I ears are notorious for not having the best stage and imaging, maybe the open back design could fix at least the stage aspect? Not sure but I’d be intrigued to see the reviews!

1 Like

New Jomo IEMs

4 Likes

For those of us who like to EQ.

Crinacle graph tool is getting an AutoEQ feature which calculates EQ values for IEM/ Headphones to a default target or other Headphones / IEMs

I know You can do something similar with AutoEQ and REW but this seems a lot easier with the database behind it. Not sure how much will be behind the pay wall though.

Seems like EQ to the IEF target shows the graph correctly. Use another headphone as the target gives out the “are You gonna pay for that” message and shows no graph but still gives out the EQ values.

5 Likes

The Beyer pads are compatible with the Grado Adapter, and they could be bundled together.

Between the Beyers and the Senns, the Senns also had the option of Perforated Suede, but they are sold out as I am writing this post… hopefully the Beyers also get Perforated Suede. Also, it’s kind of hard to see, but the Senn pads also have a “tilt” much like other ZMF pads.

New Meze IEM. Wonder if it is actually their own or some cheap OEM like their others (referring to Crinacles Meze / Dankpods “rant” video.

1 Like

This is nice, but the one thing missing is the max gain, which I think by default is 6db. So if the differences are bigger than that, you may not actually get the desired result. You can obviously change this use the python version of AutoEQ. I just extract the two curves (the headphone being eq’d and the target headphone) using WebPlotDigitizer, and then I set the target as a compensation/target curve.

For instance I wanted to EQ my ER2SE to match the IE600, I needed to increase the Max gain. Ended up with a +14.30 @ 11Hz (Q 0.62).

2 Likes

Never created an AutoEQ myself so I am not sure what You mean with 6db Max. CrinGraph gives out higher values than 6db if necessary (like 11db in the picture)

Ah, i see. My mistake. Although I am getting quite different results when trying the online implementation vs my own efforts.

My own EQ curve:

The one created on via the website:

To me the former looks more correct, judging the curves.

1 Like

These are supposed to be ER2SE > IE300?

The bass boost on the second picture looks really wrong. Think You EQ’ed to IEF Target!?
Bass boost on your first picture looks much better but there I miss a big reduction at ~2.8KHz
My result with Crin

Edit: Ah, just saw Your target was IE600 not 300. Explains the missing 2.8kHz area, the IE600 is not recessed there. Guess my brain is also not at 100% today.

I should go back to bed, brain obviously running on 25% normal power.

Yes, that seemed to EQ to IEF.

New curve from website (values slightly different from yours).

1 Like