Rupert Neve RNHP Precision Headphone Amplifier

I know you liked using the elegia for gaming. I think theyre pretty good for that.
How do you like the dt1990 in comparison?

2 Likes

They’re actually both perfect for different purposes. In addition to excellent staging, the 1990s have a clean presentation that sounds uncluttered and allowed me to hear action around me while shooting in my test level in COD: Modern Warfare Remastered. They seem like they’d be phenomenal for competitive play. Meanwhile, Elegia has a more cohesive, cinematic sound with punchier gunfire and explosions, crisp environmental detail, and forward dialogue. They play better to the majority of my gaming, which tends to be single-player or cooperative play across a variety of genres.

FWIW, I just got done playing Alien: Isolation (for the 3rd time), and used 1770 Pros for that. They kind of split the difference between Elegias and 1990s, I think, with smaller but very accurate 3D imaging and enough punch and excitement to keep the game world feeling alive and realistic. For my first 2 runs (360 and XBox One versions), I played on full surround sound, which was just incredible.

2 Likes

Awesome. Yeah I enjoy my elegia when playing fps. Mostly battlefield 3/4, rainbow six, and the new cod, although I don’t play it that much.
If I can land a deal on the dt1990, I might try them again.

3 Likes

I am interviewing this amp, but I have one glaring problem. Anyone have a permanent fix for the LEDs?image

4 Likes

I mean… you can remove the LED’s and you’ll be fine. Have a soldering iron?

The genius himself

5 Likes

Before that, you will have to probe arround with a volt meter for a while, possibly on the back of the PCB as these resistors are way to high resistance:

Edit: The resistors marked “1001” (= 1k Ohm) could be it.

2 Likes

Must get LEGO. What is blue tac?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Have you asked it whats its like to be such a awesome amp?

1 Like

I asked but it only answered “BRIGHT GREEN LIGHT” lol.

It’s nice, much more mid forward and full sounding than the 789.

3 Likes

Curious on your thoughts on it with more use :+1:

2 Likes

Btw, if you care, you can snap the remote control to either side of your Bifrost. It’s magnetic.

3 Likes

yeah, I know but it looks cleaner off the desk entirely. Plus, I don’t really use it. Kinda pointless in my situation. Thanks though.

2 Likes

I feel the same about most remotes in a desktop situation.

That Lego solution is basically my legacy. My only real contribution to the world so far. :joy:

11 Likes

And a fine and useful legacy it is. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Perhaps get in contact with neve and see if you can get it implemented in the next neve amp lol

1 Like

So could you ask you dad, Rupert Sr., if the company will buy my idea?

:joy::joy:

5 Likes

IDK, getting the licensing from lego and bostik might be difficult lol

2 Likes

But I thought you were Elon Musk, @M0N? :thinking:

1 Like