Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

It’s not the most expensive of setups, but I’m proud of this current main. SMSL SU-8, Xduoo TA-20 (with vintage 1951 RCA tubes), THX 789, my own hand built VU meter.

I currently main Focal Elex and balanced 600ohm DT880s.

The rest of those headphones are just flavour depending on situation. It ain’t a wall, but its enough.

22 Likes

Looks good! Is that a curtain rod the headphones are hanging on?

Yup. The room is only 1.5 meters wide, so a double stack shower curtain rod made for a pretty effective way of storing and displaying all the headphones I had.

1 Like

@Kamigoroshi Can you start a DIY thread with some details on the hand built VU meter some day when you Have time To give us more details please. Very nice across the board.

1 Like

Did you follow a guide for the VU-meter? Looks great! Would love to add something like that to my setup. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I have actually. It can be found here:

4 Likes

@monkey32

I bought all used and paid:

LCD3F - $1100
LCDX - $850
HP3 - $700
AKG - $150

The Abyss 1266 Phi TC I got for $0.

It’s a lot of money and I will likely have to sell one or two cans to properly drive the Abyss in a few years but for now I’m a happy camper. Enjoy your setup as it’s about the audio journey and not the end point.

5 Likes

What the F you got Abyss for Zero dollars are you the one that one them? I mean the Jeep rolling over the 1266 giveaway.

I know it’s all about the music and whatnot…I get 90% of my life from a mix of Ebay, Craigslist, and Wallapop including aforementioned audio gear. The Abyss knocked me on my ass, as I think was the point/flex. HUGE props for gettin those for nada. Enjoy right back at you. Curious what are you running Them off?

Can i Haz Abyss headphones for free also?

1 Like

I asked Mon about this and he said the Ares and RNHP are a solid pair

1 Like

If you plan on a amp for the Abyss I’d suggest the headamp gsx mini with 4 watts of power. That was a good pairing for that can.

Here is one technique you could use to get some Abyss headphones for $0.

15 Likes

Is it irony saying your Setup is lame and apologizing for it? I, I apologise for nearly being irritated. Dude, your Setup: the SU-8 is, dare I say, 95% of what the Chord Hugo 2 is (I own one) the THX AAA 888 is one of the best Amplifier Chipsets available, and your Aeolus is universally loved. Lame as f** is more the polar opposite of what your setup is my man :wink:

1 Like

Wow that was a long time ago lol. Yeah i was down at the time i posted it. I just heard that the THX amps werent very good amps from Mon and the SU8 was almost entry level and the Aeolus lacked detail. so i wasnt very happy at the time

I should update my picture. Now i got a RNHP and a Bifrost 2. Also a Arya, Auteur and the Awesome new Helios.

3 Likes

That IS the issue with shitting on something. I used to shit on the 4xx but it’s like, that’s someone’s headphone ya know? And I could say that they shouldn’t get hurt about it but it’s not like they can help it. That’s why I try not to shit on any gear anymore and just accept it for its good qualities. No one should get their favorite new amp /headphone or whatever shat on and then feel bad about it.

6 Likes

Indeed one mans rough is an others :gem:…same goes for preferred sound sigs?

4 Likes

All Hartaudio cables now, makes life so much easier. I love my Periapt Cables, but the convenience and thinner cables makes the Hart easier to use.

EDIT: Don’t mind the MEE case, I have my BLON BL-03 in there. And lots of cat hair :smiley:

18 Likes

The shitting on gear from one manufacturer or another is so very common across all hobbies :joy: :scream:. Imagine spending $75 K on the biggest baddest toy and then having to listen to a million folks on the internet tell you how much that toy sucks…:rage:. (Ie. Ford vs Chevy vs anything else)
At least in this forum group we do our best to minimize this, especially with so many new to the hobby folks, trying to do the best they can on a budget. Don’t shit on budget gear, praise its good points when you can👍
Now back to some awesome pictures!!!

7 Likes

This baby will be around for a long time. Headphones might be subject to change, except the magnis :slight_smile:

22 Likes