Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D

@Raptor168 “Holy shit” indeed. Happy for you, guy! :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Man this Sound Faber speaker is beautiful. Congrats on the upgrade!
It’s interesting to hear your thoughts about the BR02 not delivering enough bass, I have the same feeling. I changed from the Micca RB42 because they had too much bass and not a quality one. Unfortunately, at least for now, Lumina 2 is really out of my budget.

I also didn’t forget about the write up on the Nova 150. Overall I’m really liking it, but I think it kind of “revealed more” my BR02 flaws. But it does a lot of things, and it seems great if you want an all-in-one solution that still delivers great performance.

1 Like

Just another rig in another room. Its all about choises. This one is in the living room AKA theater/ TV room.

9 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but are the luminas also very liquid slightly woody/rolled in the upper treble and rich/thick sounding?

Im in the market to upgrade from the BR03 speakers but when I demo the sonneto bookshelfs it was abit too slow and dark for my tastes. Just curous if the lumina also has that rich warm relexed texture or its about as fast as the BR02?

In looking at the Sonetto, an absolute stunner of a piece BTW, the speakers used are very similar to the ones used in the Lumina 2, especially the tweeter. The drivers are slightly different, but both speakers use the Hi Def DAD tweeter as well as the reflex front port. So I think that there are certain baseline characteristics that would be similar. Of course, the cabinets are larger on the Sonetto and that will affect things for sure as well as the crossovers.

My experience with the Lumina 2 so far is similar to what you describe except I would not characterize the Lumina 2 as dark or slow. I happen to love the tweeter they put on these speakers. I think it’s the best bookshelf tweeter I have heard. That said, my ears are pretty screwed up, so I may not be hearing exactly what you hear! And because of my specific hearing loss, I EQ.

I just know that the music that comes from these speakers is lush, engaging and incredibly natural and lifelike. They take me away every time. It’s amazing to me how they just disappear. For my use case, desktop/nearfield, they are a great fit and I am completely satisfied with them.

3 Likes

So… is there really an end game in this hobby? :wink: I think this is the third or fourth post in this thread for me :laughing: As I was looking to upgrade, I was also looking to simplify.

Living Room Stereo

Parasound Halo A 23+ Stereo Power Amplifier
Parasound Halo P 6 2.1 Channel Preamplifier & DAC
SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp
HiFiMan Sundara Headphones
Yamaha CD-S300 CD Player as CD transport to Parasound Halo P6 DAC
Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Turntable / Ortofon 2M Blue
MinisForum UM700 Mini PC – Viewsonic 32” widescreen monitor connected with USB to Parasound Halo P6 DAC for streaming and music library.
OWC Mercury Pro 16X Blu-ray, 16X DVD, 48X CD for ripping CDs
Kef R3 Meta Bookshelf Speakers playing full range
SVS SB-2000 12 inch Subwoofer… crossover at 68hz

Excuse the bedroom mess… this is a work in progress… thinking a new rack and speaker stands

Bedroom Stereo

Yamaha A-S701 Integrated Amplifier
Wiim Mini Airplay 2 Streamer- Apple Ipad for display
Sony DVPSR510H DVD Player as CD Transport to Yamaha A-701 DAC
Elac Uni-Fi UB52 Bookshelf Speakers
Emotiva Airmotiv SE8 Subwoofer
Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Headphones with Zeos mod

10 Likes

Finally got my DarkVoice and SDAC back on my desk!

16 Likes

More info! Looks great!

Shiit Sys, Zen DAC v2, Grace Design x Drop SDAC-Balanced, SMSL SP200 (THX-888) and DarkVoice 336SE (don’t remember the tubes I bought). Headphones Sennheiser HD-650 (ZMF Suede Peforated), Modhouse Argon MK3 (ZMF Protein), Monoprice M1060v2 (Audeze Vegan Suede) and all using Hart Audio modular cables. Speakers are JBL Professional Monitor SLR305.

1 Like

The broke and hungry college me with only a mdr 7506 would drool over the setup I have today.

17 Likes

Now that my gang is all back together.

16 Likes

A work in progress, but nearly complete!
For now at least :wink:

13 Likes

your gang is missing some light bulbs :joy:

2 Likes

I realized last night when this thread popped up again that I hadn’t updated since the addition of the AMP-F2. I think I have finally hit endgame for this system.

I mean, there COULD be a headphone amp that could sneak in there, but it would be replacing either the SH-9 or the Liquid Platinum, and frankly I am very happy with both of those amps. I would also consider upgrading the DDC at some point. Of these 2 options, the DDC upgrade would make the most sense. But that’s it. I am truly happy with how this turned out.

18 Likes

NIIICE! :wink:

1 Like

Still pretty happy with the SA-1? What headphones do you enjoy most on it? I keep playing with the idea of buying one. And I do miss my LP.

2 Likes

The Liquid Platinum is such an under rated amazing hybrid amp. Hope you are enjoying it.

Hope you both got a good volume pot without that big swing they use to have. Took me three returned to find a good one back then.

1 Like

Hey @ShaneD You know, I am. It’s funny you should ask, as last night was the first time in recent memory that I have used it as a headphone amp. It’s doing such a great job as a preamp, I have more or less dedicated it to that role. So, it was fun to give it a run. And I still enjoy it very much.

For me, I enjoy pairing it with dynamics the most. The HP-2 and the Radiance provide a great listening experience. Planars not so much, for me at least. The SA-1 isn’t a world beater or anything, but it’s a very solid amp that performs as well serving as a preamp as it does a HP amp. Maybe better. That speaks to its versatility. Overall It’s been a great piece.

1 Like

I agree with you, the Liquid Platinum is a great amp. I think it’s the best headphone amp in this system and I enjoy it immensely.

My particular amp has had no issues to date in 1 plus years of service. It does “wake up” quite a bit at about the 10:00 position, but it’s not too bad. It certainly doesn’t diminish the experience at all.

1 Like

That sounds phenomenal and on point with my past experisnce as well.

Have you done some tube rolling on it?

1 Like