What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Ordered mine! Can’t wait to compare it to EA500

Ever since I sold my Sennheiser HD 590 Prestige ages ago, I find myself missing the sound of a quality open-back headphone. After much research for what I intend to use them for and keeping price in mind, I settled on these and look forward to audition and run them through “the gauntlet” of my audio reference tracks and music library. :headphones:

7 Likes

Well, not sure what got into me. I have been trying to talk myself out of this for a while; I swear I was happy with the DA-9. I swear I was! :laughing: After spending some time on the sold out list, I was finally able to get my hands on this amp, which arrived this evening. Meet the Eversolo AMP-F2!

Of course, a proper write-up will happen in the appropriate equipment thread, but holy shit. The difference in the listening experience is dramatic. This amp is fantastic. She’s a little edgy out of the box, but 3.5 hours in, she is already starting to open up. :notes: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Your experience sure does sound like this:

May you be happy with your new friend :wink::smirk:

1 Like

I just got to watch the video. If lovin this amp is wrong, brother, I don’t wanna be right! :laughing: Honestly, the DA-9 was a great amp. The AMP-F2, however, is on another level. We are on hour 10 now and it is finally starting to reveal itself. I can’t stop smiling…

Replaced the Sundaras and SMSL SP200 with Arya Organics and Topping A70 Pro in my living room system. Sundaras and SP200 went to bedroom system.Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D - #2486 by Knale

12 Likes

se-a5

Nice working 80’s Technics SE-A5.

Just look at those glowing meters…

11 Likes

I realized that I hadn’t posted the Ziigaat Doscinco here ( I got them a couple weeks ago ). The new items are the Fiio KA17, which is an amazing little dongle that cranks up to 650 mW. They are a great combo.

The larger item on the right is a Kobo Clara 2E. I have wanted an eink reader for a while, and it is a Linux based alternative to the Amazon Paperwhite.

9 Likes

Congratulations. Great find! I found a really good technical overview paper on this model. Very impressive. I’d love to hear how you get on with it. Again, congrats! :+1:t2:

Found my 50% off deal on a new turntable finally. Gotta find my phone pre and see how this thin sounds.

10 Likes

its in amazing condition and sounds just as good. I have the SA-6 control amplifier to go with it.
i’ll update later my impressions!

1 Like

Not today but this was my latest purchase, the Ziigaat Doscincos. I freaking love these as I’m a bit of bass head depending on my mood. I ordered the Cincotres but out of curiosity AutoEQ’d the Dos with the help of Squig to mimick the Cinco (PEACE on PC and Wavelet on phone) and they truly sound fantastic!

The Ziigaats both have identical hardware down to the impedance and sensitivity and I’m wondering how close this is to the real thing. Secretly I’m hoping this doesn’t sound identical to the Cincotres because that would make them redundant lol. Can someone with both verify? Thank you very much in advance.

8 Likes

They sound different enough that it’s noticeable but they’re so similar for me I’d take one or the other but not both

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the funds are better spend elsewhere. With the EQ I applied on the dos it feels like a good allrounder and I don’t have to switch.

I was looking into a decent compact DAP for around 300 euro. Do you know if the Sony Walkman NW-A306 is any good? My aim is to ditch the big phone + Qudelix 5K on hikes and go a little more compact.

Where’s a tuning switch when you actually need one, amirite? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Uh we only use tuning switches when we don’t need them sir, if you want functionality you’re gonna have to look elsewhere

2 Likes

Cadenza 4 in the house.

Quick impressions after 2 hours of listening. Great all rounder set with a clean accurate replay. Bass is sub-bass focused. To me the treble is smooth and perfectly balanced. Vocals are really good and soundstage is pretty wide.
The cable is great if on the heavy side, the case is really cool and comfort is good. The ear pieces are really light.

11 Likes

64 Audio Duo landed and man they don’t disappoint. The dynamics are awesome and actually reminds me of a mini LCD3. Definitely recommend them since you can routinely find them for less than $1k.

9 Likes

I ordered the Wan’ers since I gave away my Holas to a friend who is in need of IEMs, for her previously IEMs got stolen while she was in her school, and as an older brother figure to her, I have decided to give my Holas, and get the Wan’ers as a replacement. So far, they have been impressive and I can see why there are some still preaching about this.

Another one would be a new cable from Xinhs, and I cannot believe that I would be using my very first set of Chi-Fi IEMs that got me into this hobby in the first place which is the T2, my little brother returned it to me for he thought it wasn’t working anymore, turns out it was the previous cable that had issues, therefore getting a new cable for it. He liked the 7Hz Zeroes more, therefore giving it to him and having the T2s back.

12 Likes

Heads-up, but I think they discontinued the Hola. They have been out of stock everywhere for months.

3 Likes