What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Ya the stock pads on the HD25 are definitely pretty cheap feeling - I just ordered these: YAXI HD25 Comfort Earpads https://a.co/d/gouexz8

Also asked my friend who is currently in Japan to pick up these for me: https://www.amazon.co.jp/YAXI-HD25-Head-cusion-Pillow/dp/B01DJX1F5I/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=3MB1IXTBFTH67&keywords=yaxi+hd25&qid=1675802756&sprefix=yaxi+%2Caps%2C87&sr=8-5

1 Like

In hindsight if I ever order from custom cans again I would definitely ask them to upgrade pads, etc. and maybe do a cable upgrade - this cable is solid, well made but a little stiff

1 Like

That is exactly what differentiates “combat worn” Sennheiser cans from the ones babied around at home, the torn to shred pads.

1 Like

Put in my order for these. Gonna let them make the rounds to the reviewers first though.

4 Likes

Technically, I bought it back in September of last year and it arrived on Monday, but I’m just getting home to it now:

The camera does not do them justice, and the cable feels REALLY good in hand. I have not listened to them yet, as I am still (mostly) filthy from working in a process plant this morning. I will be working a lot over the next 2 months, so my impressions will be slow and considered as I have time. I want to give a huge thanks to @SoundJedi at Elise Audio for being a caring and consummate professional, all the way from asking about the preorder to him checking to make sure I had them when delivery indicated they were at my doorstep. If they’re in your neck of the woods or they have what you want, I can not recommend Elise Audio enough. I also want to shout out @toranku , I will follow up over time with sound impressions but on presentation alone, these are the definition of a flagship. You and the teams at Subtonic/Symphonium/Nightjar/TODAH have outdone yourselves.

15 Likes

First impressions the ie200 after the tape mode does definitely have bass!
And a really cool stage only words that were coming to mind was " Big Stage In a gentle way" if that makes sense.

I was comparing to some cheaper IEM like the HOLA, Cadenza, but realized that the ie200 is definitely a class or two above.

THE CABLE is the biggest and most horrific piece of $hit that ever existed!

Would be reason to return right there thank goodness I found a seller on Alix can make me my favorite Hakugei cable with ie ends for $22 .

DUNU S&S tips on here are a vocal saver all will be revealed in a review after I put some more time on.
Also going to wait till 4.4 balanced cable comes in.

5 Likes

Is that the Lucky Voice cable?
Have been eyeing them for a long time. Does Hakugei not make IE available directly from themself?

If you message them about it they will

1 Like

Finally they are here and what I can say, they’re beautiful in person. I am listening to some of my tracks right now with the Heydays on and quick first impressions are these. My god, these are a freaking upgrade from my Katos and Airships. It can be driven without an amp but it feels and sounds a bit incomplete without an amp, therefore you need a DAC/AMP to make its sounds complete.

Overall so far, so good, will keep listening to these for a while and man I love the mouse pad as well, very high quality.

5 Likes

C$ 37.38 40%OFF | HAKUGEI Lucky voice headset cable 2.5 3.5 4.4 0.78 mmcx
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKNQffg

Sorry here is the link I bought 5 and got the extra 30% of that’s how I got them so cheap

Cable looks heavy but it’s actually softer and lighter than the KBEAR Graphene cable.

1 Like

Cool - actually just ordered the Sea-Elf was to curious not too. :wink:
Should have ordered a few cables too - but just saw that they have launched the new connector set where you can change between MMCX and 2Pin and asked if that would come as premade cable and yes it will so might have to wait and see the prices on that.

1 Like

Nice didn’t see a effect audio kind of swappable ends do have a link?

1 Like

Yes, DKK 12.81 | HAKUGEI New concept. Lnterchangeable pin DIY welding 0.78 mmcx qdc Flat 0.78
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtWP1kE

Would be the same idea. Will come as pre-made, hope something like lucky voice with the swappable connection in both ends for allowing also the dac module.

I do not think theese are swappable like the Effect Audio Cables.

I think what they are showing you is different ends that are available.
Looks like they screw in and are soldered not like a modular cable?

Maybe I am not getting the whole story from the linked pictures?

Like the link I sent this cable is offered with options to customize as well I think the same thing.

Could be I just thought to much from the pictures :sweat_smile:

Ordered this instead of upgrading my iBasso DX160 to a 170 this chip the CS43131 is the upgrade. And 280mw @32ohm is decent power.

Actually almost twice as much as the SHIO that I love with a newer chip. R.I.P.

3 Likes

Always wanted to try these and with 50% off it was a quick click…anyone else tried ‘em?

4 Likes

Wanted to buy these too but ended up buying different barefoot shoes for the warmer seasons
Have fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bought them for mid-season boating and work being comfy, waterproof and light…what did you end up with?…might be good for summer stuff here in the UK :+1:

1 Like

I ended up with Vibram Five Fingers (Vibram V-Trail 2.0), second pair already, and they are my favourite for outdoor activities such as hiking for example. Very good control and grip
I imagine them to perform very good on a boat aswell as they also dry quickly and are very slip resistant.
The feeling of having something between your toes can be irritating for some folks but it was no problem for me and i got used to it very fast.

My choice for the office or casual day to day (not so much for hiking) are Leguanos (Leguano Energy).
The knobs underneath the soles gives you the feeling of walking on clouds and the soft fabric around the foot is just VERY comfortable, these are also great house shoes :slight_smile:

3 Likes