What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Cheers mate…Not a great sound tbh will need a lot of eq’ing or some heavy mods lol …twas just for fun and they did make me smile, we can’t wait till it gets dark over here to see what they look like then :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah haha, they will shine at night. And its fine haha, as long as the music is good enough shitty gear can sound good

1 Like

You should think about sending them in to be converted into argons

1. No
  2. International shipping

What do you think about them on your emotiva? Also I agree Shure pads might be a good choice

Without proper power it sounds “empty”, definetly needed.

Mods wise, this thread you can probably guess where it is going.
Current parts for modding are as follows:

• Neutrik NP3 X-B (1/4" jack)
  • Neutrik NTP3 RC-B (angled 3/8" jack)
  • SommerCable SC Stage 22 Highflex
  • Cordial CMK 222 Flex (because I am not sure which cable will be nicer, and price per meter is almost the same)
  • Shure HPAEC1540
  • AKG Foam Pieces (the ones found in the K-270 to reduce treble)
2 Likes

those look really cool. what are they called? where can you buy them?

Welp, just ordered a few things:

Just one more thing to get… That damn monitor.

2 Likes

The Q2U is pretty great for the price, a real snowball killer lol

Yep. Now I get to try and figure out how I wanna transport the graphics card from Texas to Maine… Pay for shipping, or take the different risk of very carefully packing it and bringing it with me on my flight back.

3 Likes

Stick it in a pelican case and ship that.

Don’t exactly have one.

I would pack it carefully and take it with me in my carry on. Cause it’s that important :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m thinking put it in a ESD bag, then in a the plastic packing bag that a shirt came in ~a week ago, make sure they are both taped shut, packed in a carry on surrounded by clothes.

2 Likes

Sounds perfect to me :slight_smile: esd bag is a nice touch. I usually don’t have those available…

…I just hope someone at the airport doesn’t think it’s drugs or a bomb and decides to open everything. :no_mouth:

lol i wish i could say no way…but who knows if the security personnel know what a gpu looks like…

I got pulled aside at the airport for having my idsd micro bl on me and I almost missed my flight, but to be fair under an xray that would look pretty fishy

3 Likes

lmao…what did they think it was??? its literally generic electronics…

A bomb or something probably idk, I don’t bring it with me on planes anymore lol

1 Like