What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Parrrrtttttyyyyyy😃

I like the color theme they have going here, that alone could be a reason to buy.
Drop you say? …i’ll be right back…

I can’t tell, are they over ear or hanging down IEM’s?
And on Drop.com they are silver not bronze…

Cyberpunk 2077, pre-ordered.
Hope the sounds are good so i can blast them speakers.

3 Likes

Man I had forgotten this song. 2001.

2 Likes

They’re like a gunmetal / oxidized aluminum color. Bronziness in the pic must be from yellowish light where I took that pic. :slight_smile:

And they can be worn either down or over-ear. The whole funnel part with the ear tip rotates, so you can get a good fit either way. The stock cable is straight, so I prefer wearing them cable-down out of the box.

1 Like

really nice cans…

19 Likes

Just got the Audeze LCD1’s in yesterday. I was surprised at how good they sound. Made to be portable but still have very good sound. This is the 2nd Audeze headphone ive gotten that surprised me with how good it sounded. i would really like to get one from their main line. But i hear the LCD 2’s are dark :slightly_frowning_face: My review here:

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/audeze-lcd-1/7124/250?u=antpage2

14 Likes

The LCD-X aren’t ‘dark’ by any means. Some actually find them too bright sounding.

You should try one if you get a chance. Their detail is really good (Focal Clear level good).

This is a great video comparison:

8 Likes

Yeah if i do get a Audeze it will probably these. ive heard a lot of good things about them

3 Likes

Sold the edition xx an upgraded to edition x v2. Got a couple of other goodies as well

23 Likes

Very cool. Looking forward to hearing what you think about the EXv2. It’s on my radar for future if it’s EXX but better.

1 Like

That’s essentially what M0N said. I haven’t heard the XXs, but I loved the XV2s (which are the ones that sumeet now owns :p).

Cigarettes and Mexican food

6 Likes

I still like my EXX, like their warm bassy signature, but can definitely tell where they have room to improve.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard of your taste (detail) you would really be into these. They’re honestly amazing

1 Like

(changed my mind and canceled this)

6 Likes

i wonder if i should go to ebay to get a used DAC/AMP… or maybe just go with that to get a better value used product instead of a costy new version (like comparing a dragonfly red at 200 to a technically more expensive portable DAC/AMP that is used so its cheaper)

I have the hex v2 and it is easily in my top two headphones… absolutely love these!

The Edition X is on sale right now on Hifimans website. open box

Can you compare the 2 please?