What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Impulse bought a pair of heavily used HD800 with ruined pads and chippped paint for stuff all. Just performed the SDR mod and they seem to sound almost Identical to the HD800S I used to own for a third of the price…

12 Likes

Just pulled the trigger on the Schiit Magnius (https://www.schiit.com/products/magnius) should be here hopefully sooner than later- ships in 1-3 business days.

16 Likes

Didn’t know that one was out yet lol, ordered as well (since I have yet to give the modius to a friend)

8 Likes

I’m hoping to make it at least 2 years before dropping more money on another DAC or another Amp, but we’ll see haha.

2 Likes

Good luck lol

1 Like

Also now have a thread for it

7 Likes

Wanted some IEM bass so hey why not? :metal::headphones:

16 Likes

My open season orange Hart audio cable to match my T60’s. Custom headband is also black and orange leather :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Cheapest headphones I have bought in years! Very curious to hear them on the tube and the Violectric. It is going to be REALLY weird to have only one wire, but then unlike the Grado’s or Senn’s, I will never feel like it is trying to choke me. :grin:

Ordered on Thursday, in Nova Scotia, Canada from Germany. Delivered Tuesday afternoon.

PS: They are DT880 600 Ohm

16 Likes

They hit above their price though :wink: nice grab. Curious to read your thoughts.

1 Like

Ikko OH10 is a fantastic IEM, it is by far one of my favourites.
Congrats!

1 Like

Some KZ-S1’s for my mother to use, my first foray into a BA driver. Plus a cable for my T2’s

10 Likes

It has arrived and my god it is nice. I’m yet to properly try it out but from a quick listen it is the best source I have ever owned (easily) and the best source I have tried in recent memory

2 Likes

Just came in today

34 Likes

I’m getting on the serious audio this week. My QP2R arrived mere hours ago so I decided to upgrade my IEMs.

9 Likes

No photos since everyone knows what they look like(and probably has a pair), but I finally bought Porta Pros. I wanted a portable alternative to IEMs with less isolation I could use and abuse, considered some earbuds or KPH30i’s but decided to go with the classics in the end. I was buying them blindly, they’re pretty popular in my country but somehow I never bothered trying them out. I was kinda skeptical, but those really are as good as they say. Not the most “audiophile” set, but a really fun, full sound. Surprising amount of bass too.

I think I’ll be getting some Yaxi pads to see if it’s possible to take them further. I also already started thinking of family members I’ll be giving a pair as a gift… the value can’t be beat.

7 Likes

anyone know how to get super short but high quality RCA cables? for a stack for my turntable setup (i put 2 things on the floor on top of each other)

Schiit sells 6 inch RCA cables, good quality, reasonable prices

i heard from ASR they suck

And what did they recommend?
They’re made by one of the better OEM cable manufacturers, can’t remember the name off the top of my head.
Edit - I believe StraightWire manufacture them