What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on those as well! Kind of glad I waited as it left me with extra funds to snag those JBL 570s.

Nice! Any recommendations for receivers/amps? I may end up foregoing hooking them up to my tv and just have a standalone music tower. My wife and I don’t want too much tv. Although that may change with these!

Nope. I have no recommendations. I’m looking around myself and would appreciate anyone else with recommendations.

1 Like

I may need to join the telegram chat for this one. I haven’t been able to find something that fits my needs, the chat might know!

1 Like

I started a thread to get recommendations, hope it’s in the right place.

1 Like

Magnat LZR-980

They look very nice, feel cheap (except the ear pads, those are leather-ish covered slow memory foam) and have a full-bodied warm sound.
Problem is: The plastic of the headband threw me a spanner and decided to crack. So RMA it is.

Thread for them

7 Likes

Time to build a couple more streamers for the Roon Empire.

UPDATE: I should have waited, perhaps, to post a pic after putting these together. The Geekworm case (right) is fantastic. Whole thing is machined aluminum, except for an acrylic endpiece that allows WiFi and Bluetooth radios to pass signals.

15 Likes

I usually hate YouTuber merch but this is actually kinda nice

7 Likes

At last, after three months of waiting and countless thoughts of my package being lost or stolen, my CDs have arrived.

Happymaker - P*Light
Ponko 2 Girlish - t+pazolite
Go-in! - Camellia x Nanahira

So this is why Happymaker came in a weird folder. It had an artbook inside. Never knew lol.

9 Likes

I just purchased my Lawton tune up kit, pads, and cups for my Fostex TH610. I went with the Exhibition Grade Flame Hawaiian Mango.

22 Likes

I’ll see you in the Lawton thread. I love the look of woods like mango and Hawaiian koa.

1 Like

Hope those are working out for ya! :wink:

This week’s haul:
Focal Utopia on loan from @sa11297
Abyss Diana v2 on loan from @FBizzle
Schiit Saga and tubes,adapter. Purchased
Nuforce STA200 power amp. Purchased

28 Likes

I’m really curious about the Saga preamp, how does it sound? Are you using with speakers, headphones, or both?

Is that a two tube adapter for the saga?

yes, its a custom made one from the previous owner.

Ive only used it for speakers so far, the tube stage gives it a bit more lively sound, but over all its a great preamp

1 Like

That’s pretty awesome!

1 Like

damn you have good friends!

2 Likes

L

Christmas is just gonna be disappointing this year…side note I now have 0 monies for black friday…

19 Likes