What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

whats CSD?

20 character

CSD = Chronic Sound Disease…also known as CAD.

CSD = Canjam Sucks Dick or Cant Stand Dynamics

joke btw

A Cumulative Spectral Decay graph

1 Like

It has begun, removing the m1570 cups from the headband is easy. Removing the driver’s from the housing reveals a foam pad behind the grill. To remove yolk from the cups you have to remove two small pins one on each side of the cup. The hardest part is getting the audeze yolk to fit the m1570 outside pins, that requires drilling and some jb weld. Will post final assembled headphone when glue is finished drying. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

Nice. I take it you like the M1570.

I expect the Audeze headband to help big time. I don’t know how much longer I could use the M1570 as is, it needs a better headband. Let us know how the impact of the Audeze headband.

Does anyone know how the m1070 sound compared to the blon b20

I’m not sure if it’s placebo, but it sounds better, maybe it’s the better clamping?

5 Likes

Could be it, better fit will help with sound

Also that looks like a lcd 2 classic now lol

I think my m570’s may be defective there is a lot of audible channel imbalance for 600-900 hz

1 Like

Same here, I amazon primed a used one in and its kinda fucked lol.

se=ems there are all kind of problems in that specific frequency range

It seems like so many great things came out this year to then be hobbled by qc issues lol

ugh makes me so pumped, cant wait till my band arrives.

I kinda want to keep it so I can contact monoprice about it in the future and get it for the price I got it for just replaced if it gets fixerd

Ah shit here we go again… Don’t the 97x76 drivers got some cooky things going on with them in general. What’s next the 1070 got some as well.

conspiracy time. so in the Pc world, we have a thing called binning. with the Aiva drivers, we have 4 known manufacturers that put them int the headphones. so in CPUs and GPUs the chips get made and tested to see performance and ability to OC. the ones that do the best go in the good PCB’s and good card meant to go to the hhigher end model of that specific part of the same part liek the ryzen 3600x, and 3600. or a 1080 ti kingpin vs a notmal 1080ti by evga… maybe mononoprice and takstar are getting the shitty drivers and blon, sendy are getting the good ones

2 Likes

My m570 sounds great. Nothing sounds off with them, and the treble is bright but not sibilant. MSR7’s and Sivga 007’s can be kind of harsh…Superlux hd681 absolutely brutal.

here is the issue with mine aside from the resonance I issue and channel imbalance I was having it is super sibilant like worse than my Tin t3’s and my 990’s and my 990’s are my threshold of bright.