RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/Headphones Ranking list)

Man, sometimes leaving is the EU is just too much… All my delivers are getting stuck and MIA becauses of the new rules. Everything is just… frozen. RIP china deliveries and not paying VAT, I guess :slight_smile:

On my part, everything arrived ahead of schedule. I guess AE shipped it express to avoid the new rules.

Lucky you, they did bundle my two orders, but it’s been stuck in customs for a bit now. It’ll probably cost me more due to the new rules, but not so much I wouldn’t have ordered it if I’d known it would cost more.

I have a Bifrost 2 I want to sell if you are interested?

Mine are end game for me, keeping these.

1 Like

I appreciate the offer, but I would also be upgrading from a Bifrost 2! The DAC I’m currently mulling over is like $3k+ msrp, but it goes for less than half on the used market, so I’m hoping it’ll be a big step up if I decide to do it.

I’m glad you like them! It’s exciting to hear good things about the Clears, since I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up buying one sooner or later!

My biggest concern with the Clear MG is that I already own an Elex, and it would be kinda disappointing if I spent 1.5k and then the Clear didn’t sound noticeably better, so there’s that. Also, the Clear MG Pros seem to be having some production issues maybe? I’m not seeing them just in-stock and available everywhere, which makes it a little easier to hold off and be patient. (I prefer the black/red color and I really don’t need the balanced cable.)

No problem at all. It sounds great! If I might ask, what DAC specifically are you looking at? Diminishing returns is a big deal when it comes to high end dacs. We’re both in the land of subjectivity is king.

I sold my Elex and Elegia upon hearing the Clear MG.

Like I said, I love mine. I prefer the slightly warm/smooth treble and the much better extension in the bass the MG has vs the OG Clear. I found the OG Clear to be a bit a bit harsh in the treble with not enough bass generally. The Elex was way too shouty and harsh in general for me. I could only listen to it for 15-20 minutes before getting fatigued. I’ll go hours with the Clear MG on my head hardly even noticing they are there let alone getting fatigued.

1 Like

My local audio store seems to be showcasing these new spinfit eartips. First time I heard of the CP100+. Anyone got this before?

1 Like

Interesting. Might get this for my FD5 and see how it feels.

Congrats. Please share your impressions!!! Mine should be here Friday. So excited.

EDIT: Oh, you don’t actually have them???

I got too excited when I saw the pics to think clearly. lol

2 Likes

Gahahaha! Yes you were too excited. If it is really better in every way, I don’t mind buying a pair. I can keep my current CP100 as a backup. And here I am, suppose to get the E1000 tomorrow :joy:

1 Like

@Rikudou_Goku Some of my new photography stuff at play…

I have more coming in tomorrow (my soft box light & stage) but wanted to start taking pictures of some items I want to sell.

3 Likes

With what you have (BF2 + RNHP) the Clear or Clear MG should be a very noticeable upgrade from the Elex (different sound sig though since it’s a lot more neutral). I’ve had the exactly same setup, though I sold the Elex and returned the MG because I didn’t prefer the smoother treble and bass but I can definitely see the appeal for many. Typically it’s on a more entry setup that the Elex will sound more similar to a Clear, and because Elex has a W-shaped more fun tuning so the neutrality of the Clear puts some people off. Anyway this is an IEM thread but do post some stuff on the MG thread if I or anyone else could be of anymore help.

1 Like

Damn, impressive.

1 Like

bro…
I love it how you automatically assumed he was going to buy them :rofl:

I am the “many” you just mentioned. :slight_smile: The Clear MG is for me. Sooo happy with it when it comes to headphones.

1 Like

@Resolution :v:

3 Likes

Yes I’m aware, I followed your progression here and there in the forum. Like I said I think the MG is tuned more sophisticatedly as it’s got smoother treble and bass (also better extension) but personally it’s a bit too inoffensive for my taste. I also perceive it to have a slightly smaller stage and a more intimate presentation of sound for some reason. In the end I preferred the OG as it’s got a little bit more spice (which i understand might be a tad harsh or metallic for some). Having listened to the MG I can completely understand why you didn’t like it on BF2+Jot 2 or BF2+A90 (I’ve owned all these), as I didn’t even like it on BF2+RNHP which has really good synergy with OG Clear. My guess is the MG has a less analytical and transparent tuning (it’s still very neutral and transparent having said that) and can benefit from a dryer, more analytical source so no doubt you like it more on D90SE+A90. But personally my pick would be something like the Little Labs Monotor with maybe again BF2 (Since the A90 is in fact quite smooth to my ears and the BF2 will make it sound less transparent whereas the Monotor is even more analytical, despite measurements, I know) so this time the BF2 would pair better than with A90 or Jot 2.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The stage and light I know are going to help a lot. Especially with cleanup…

3 Likes

I have sensitive/wimpy ears.

4 Likes